Thu, Sep 19, 6:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: Daz is updating....

toolstech ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2003 at 11:34 PM

lol. Good to know I am not alone.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2003 at 11:39 PM

The boots are 19.5mb exe once downloaded. I now have 12 of the upgrade M3 and 12 boots. I have the start of a army! woohoo!!!

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 1:00 AM

I just checked mine. I have 16 M3, 1 boot .sit, and no .exe yet. Must be on the bottom of the waiting list.

lobo75 ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 1:07 AM

SIT are evil, evil i tell you.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 1:09 AM

Aww not fair, Lobo75. I still have only 18. And a pair of MAC boots. So is the new M3Update that is paired with the boots really the boots in PC Version? just labeled wrong? Hmm I guess I could just download them to find out... Is there ANYTHING but Stuffit that can open .sit? Just in case... I am NOT going to install that crappy megalomanic program on my computer again.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Hisminky ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 1:11 AM

morose Nothing but the MAC boots on my downloads. And it's past midnight CST

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 1:27 AM

Well, I haven't got mine either, just the .sit version. I did download it and opened it with Stuffit (which I need for professional reasons, although I have an all-PC work environment). Even if you unstuff it, you can't run the install program on a PC. (I thought I'd at least have a look ;) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Puntomaus ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 2:05 AM

I have only the .sit version and 15 M3 upgrades :-( sandoppe, what is you doing over at CLAW (or did your kitties bookmark that site) ?

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

sandoppe ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 3:00 AM

Puntomaus: Not too many "human types" know about CLAW :) Yes....as a matter of fact, my cats Leo and Gizzmo are both members. The only problem is that since I've started messing around with Poser, they don't get to visit very often! :)

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 3:12 AM

Oh, my cat was a CLAW member! I haven't been there in ages. The site was closed for a long time and when it came back, I was busy with other stuff. Now that you've reminded us, Missycat may insist I go by and visit again. ;) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Puntomaus ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 3:32 AM

Hehe, my cat Apple Pie run the PhotoImpact School over at Claw together with a friend, but we left this year because of all the Poser stuff we haven't been there very much either. But it was always fun, except you had tons of pics from kitties that had to be dressed for graduation ;-).

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Neo10 ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 5:27 AM

file_76610.jpg

I was actually working on an image with the boots when i saw this thread and figured i would post a teaser lol. Course by the time i have posted this you guys may have already gotten your boots lol

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 5:44 AM

Why doesn't Michael have any armpit hair? Does he shave it or what? Course he doesn't have any other body hair, either, so I guess he just gets a full body wax every couple of weeks. ;-) (Please note the smiley; I'm just being lighthearted, despite the fact that I STILL don't have the boots in my account AND the upgrade for the M3 Standard Res Textures doesn't work) bonni

Neo10 ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 5:48 AM

Hey he has pit hair!! :) if your refering to the pic i posted i can answer that :) That is a text from the world of m3 pack and the texts in that pack are made from photo ref's. To be honest the guy i used didnt have alot of arm pit hair lol. So he may have just been behind on his body waxing(he also shaved umm groomed his other area a bit to lol)

cherokee69 ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 5:56 AM

Neo, Looking good. Now, what jeans did you use for that?

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 7:00 AM

Only the .sit version of the boots, but they added three more M3 downloads (like lhiannan above). In all, I now have 21. :(

whbos ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 8:57 AM

I still have the same thing I had last night. Still no PC versions of the boots. 19 MB for a pair of boots? Must be a lot of textures included. My poor dial-up can't handle these large downloads.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 8:58 AM

LOL Dialyn.. I still have "only" 18. Though actually 21 if you count the three extra that came with the boots.sit... I want my booooots :(

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

cherokee69 ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 9:09 AM

Whbos, For that 19 MB file you get.... 6 Boot obj files 12 Boot Character files 34 Boot pose files each for P4 and PP 10 Boot Texture files (not the extra textures that's at DAZ for 1.99) and the ReadMe files

shazz501 ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 9:19 AM

that is if you ever get the boots cherokee;) lol

whbos ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 9:25 AM

DAZ should have just put the boots up on the M3 page where anyone could download them and have it only install on computers that had M3 like they do with upgrades/updates. That way if you don't have him, it won't load.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 9:40 AM

Yeah they could have made that check. It could just check for the M3 obj file and if that wasn't present, then it could simply shut down. Only thing is.. I don't know IF it's possible, but if you CAN hack that .exe, someone will :o( And in that case they might as well put the boots in the free area :o( Darnit I've bought the textures, now I want something to put them ON!

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 9:48 AM

I'm waiting for the free update on the "Born to be Wild" set too. wdupre promised here in a thread that anyone who bought the M2 version would get the M3 for free. 3DWizard promised free M3 fits for TreadZ (already done), and JeanZ too. Those are my 3 favorite M2 packages as it is. If the upgrade to "Born to be Wild" doesn't come out by this weekend, I'm getting the M3 version anyway. I don't want to go the weekend without it. I have plans for that one. If it does come out, then the money is going for the Western outfit. I can only afford 1. Sigh...

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 9:52 AM

The boots are limited time, when the M3 introductory sale ends they will probably go into the store, so they wouldn't want everyone downloading. I got the boots straight off, buying M3 last night, but I now have 21 PC M3s and 18 SITs on my account page too (and 4 UTC M3 plugins). Their enthusiasm is commendable, but....

Fredy ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 10:02 AM

Boots finally arrived here... Yiiiipieeee! Great Stuff!!! Thx DAZ!

cherokee69 ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 10:03 AM

Oh yeah, I'm also waiting for the "Born to be Wild" free update and the Jeanz update. The way things have been goning, it might be awhile down the road and everyone will have 100 M3 downloads available..LOL

sandoppe ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 10:32 AM

Well......it's 10:30 a.m. here and still no boots.exe. I sent them an email and asked that they check for those of us "non-Mac" users :) Puntomaus and elizabyte: Small world! :) My cats have been members for years. Leo has been the most active of the two and especially with the CLAW theatre, where he acts and does a lot of the backdrops and final scene preperation for the plays, working with his friend Skuzzy :) Boy do we know the joys of "dressing cats", Puntomaus!! :) Recent play backdrops were created in Vue and Bryce mostly. I think Missycat would love our most recent play: "Robin Hood" :) Leo also participated in the Art Club until Skuzzy closed it and did a lot of "special event" stuff, in the early days of CLAW. He was also one of the leaders of the "Minnesota Kitty Society". Boy I hadn't thought about that for years! Most of his friends from those early days are now gone to the bridge and with the Queen's Mum being ill, a lot has been put on hold there. Leo and Gizzmo send "purrs" and "head butts" to both of your kitties!! :) Well....back to the "boot patrol"!! :)

Strixowl ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 10:37 AM

What ma boots, want ma updates :-(

SKondris ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 10:52 AM

Okay, we should have the EXE file out to you all within an hour. Sorry for the extra delay, can someone pass me some chips? Thanks, Steve K

Strixowl ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 10:56 AM

I e-mailed DAZ and in less tha 30 sec got this. > Yes, we are working on that right now. We'll get the EXE file out to you within the hour. > > Thanks for your patience, > > Steve Kondris > DAZ Productions, Inc.

Strixowl ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 10:57 AM

Whoops looks like Steve was here.......

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 11:11 AM

He's a brave soul.

Hisminky ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 11:13 AM

Steve is the MAN. *passes Steve the cheetoes.

SKondris ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 11:18 AM

FIXED! Go enjoy your boots! Steve

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 11:19 AM

I was just breaking into the wine coolers and beer. Bummer. Thank you, Steve.

shazz501 ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 11:23 AM

WOOOOOHOOOOOO,got me boots!!!! thanks steve,you da man!!!!

joffry ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 11:25 AM

but wait!! I have to wait for the 18 downloads of M3 to finish before I can start the boots,,, this was funny though, every time I checked I was given more M3 downs... that was very generous

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 11:27 AM

file_76611.jpg

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 11:30 AM

HEhe after a few reloads, whaddayaknow.. The boots appeared :o) Now it's PLAYING TIME :oD walks away humming "these boots are made for walking"...

sandoppe ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 11:50 AM

Doin' the "Happy Dance" in ma new boots!! That you Steve K.! :)

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 12:10 PM

Hey, Steve! Thanks for giving us the boot! ;-) bonni

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 4:16 PM

They appeared in my account mid-morning. (I still have a ridiculous number of M3 DLs, too.) Very cool pack! Wow! No wonder it's 19 Mb. Worth the wait. Thank you, Daz!

whbos ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 5:29 PM

Thanks for the boot. I haven't checked it out yet. I've been trying to order the textures from the PC, but I keep getting errors. I was also trying to order a gift certificate for myself (I hate $2 orders on my credit card), and that doesn't seem to work either. You are supposed to be able to change the $1.00 amount to any even amount, but it doesn't let you. I'll just have to wait until I buy something over $10.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 5:33 PM

You really don't need the PC textures. The ones included with the boot back are great. You get an amazing number of boot styles and textures with this pack.

whbos ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 5:37 PM

Maybe I should check it out and skip the PC item. I think DAZ is probably updating their site again which is usually the case when we get errors on their site.

Neo10 ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 8:53 PM

cherokee69 Those jeans are from the m3cowboy pack.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.