Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue Pro to LightWave Question

Knuckle Martin opened this issue on Sep 19, 2003 ยท 25 posts

Knuckle Martin posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 12:32 AM

I recently purchased Vue-4 (now 4.12). I'm also a LightWave-7.5c user. Vue Pro (VP) looks interesting. Are there any examples of VP scenes loaded and rendered in LightWave (LW). The reason that I'm asking, is that many of the new features in VP, I can already do in LW. About the only really unique thing that Vue does is terrain generation and terrain texturing. Assuming that exported VP terrains and textures import into LW, are VP's procedural textures retained as procedurals or are they converted to image maps ? If the textures are converted to maps, how close are they to the original Vue renders, when rendered in LW ?. I've exported terrains and textures out of Bryce-4 and they load fine into LW. The problem is in the texturing. When rendered in LW, the Bryce exported image maps don't look much like the Bryce-rendered images, no matter what resolution that I export the maps. I guess that's my concern. If VP can't do any better than Bryce (for exported terrains and textures), then it's not much use to me. Any feedback is appreciated Knuck