Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: face textures

PandaPride opened this issue on Sep 23, 2003 ยท 8 posts

PandaPride posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 1:30 PM

Okay, I understand getting the face texture map and making the texture the way you want to. But what sort of file do you save it as, and where do you save it at? I saved it as a JPG. and put in the texture files but it doesn't show up when I load poser. HELP Please! -_Essie

kuroyume0161 posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 1:56 PM

You can save it as any image file supported by Poser for texturing: JPG, BMP, TIF, PICT, etc. Textures should be placed in the Poser Runtime:Textures folder, usually in an appropriately named subfolder within. This just makes it easier, more standardized, and faster for Poser to find textures. To apply a texture, you must open up the Materials dialog (v4) or the Material Room (v5) and apply the texture image to the figure or body part. It doesn't just "show up" when you load Poser. Have you checked the manual?

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

PandaPride posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 3:03 PM

Kuro, I'm fairly new to this entire poser thing so I'm pretty lost. I haven't checked much yet I just wanted to clear up my confusion. thanks so much Essie

Tomsde posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 3:28 PM

If you have Poser 5, you can apply the texture in the face room. Texturing, I find, is the most complex part of working with the program. Check out tutorials, the manual and other information for more hints. Remember to test render you model to check and make sure the texture looks the way you want. If you don't do that, it simply won't look right.

PandaPride posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 4:51 PM

thanks Toms, i have poser 5 and I was trying to apply it in the materials room but it just didn't work, I thought I was doing something wrong. So I will give this a try. thanks so much Essie

kuroyume0161 posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 5:31 PM

One major note: the Face Room ONLY works with the Judy and Penny, the default characters that come with Poser 5. Victoria 1-3, Michael 1-3, Stephanie, Maya Doll, and all derivative characters will not work. To apply a color texture in the Material Room, go to the top and select the figure (if there is more than one). Select the body part to the right. For most heads, this is the skinhead, lips, gums, teeth, tongue, sometimes the eyes, and sometimes a skinscalp. Each body part that relies on the same texture image will need to be set to point to it. To point to a 2D image (color) texture, you create a node of the type "Image map" by clicking on the little "plug" next to diffuse_color and selecting New node->2D Textures->Image map. Click on "None" to the right of Image_Source and Browse to the image map to apply. Same applies for Bump maps in the Gradient Bump channel.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

PandaPride posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 5:50 PM

Thanks so much Kuroyume... I'll give that a try as well! thanks Essie

kuroyume0161 posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 6:18 PM

Oh, and that should have been "Judy and Don". So sorry. :) No problem.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup