Forum: Vue

Subject: Synchronising cameras.

DMM opened this issue on Sep 28, 2003 ยท 1 posts

DMM posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 8:16 PM

I like the new camera synchronising functionality, in fact its the main reason I upgraded to Vue Pro. But Vue Pro is apparently not saving this synchronised camera data, I have to re-synch every time I open my Vue scene. Not too much of a problem but irritating, if my LW scene is massive then to conserve resources (having both LW and Vue open with large scenes is demanding) I sometimes need to transfer the camera movement to a blank LW scene and synch from that. Also the scale of the camera movement seems to be way off. I've always had problems getting stuff scaled right in Vue and it looks like the camera data is continuing this problem. I can parent the camera to a null in Lightwave and scale the camera path that way but I would like more positive correleation between what I see in LW and what I get in Vue. Both the above problems affect each other, if I transfer the camera data to a blank LW scene then if I need to tweak it I've got no LW scene info to check how the LW stuff looks, likewise scaling the camera data to make the Vue scenery look in scale just makes things unnecessarily complex.