Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Aaaargh!!! Please...Help the newbie?

steeldream opened this issue on Oct 06, 2003 ยท 5 posts

steeldream posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 7:05 AM

Greetings all. I've got a most frustrating problem, but it appears to be limited to Vicky and Michael. I'm using Poser 4 and I've got Michael 2 and Vicky 2. Here's the deal: Everything works well until I touch the morph dials, usually on the head of the figure. At that point, I get a message that says, "Caught C exception access_violation trapped at 1b:4d3031". At this point, I can go no further as Poser stops responding and I must [in order of frequency] restart Poser, restart my computer or uninstall and reload Poser. Can anyone tell me what this is about and (hopefully) how to fix this? Thanks. :)

nornaddict posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 7:32 AM

Run to Curious Labs website, download & install the 4.03 update for poser4 & that problem will vanish.

dialyn posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 8:05 AM

Here's a small suggestion for getting better response.....type an indication of what your problem is in the subject line. There are a lot of people here who know the answer...but it saves them time if they know what the question is up front. And I agree with nornaddict...make sure you have the latest updates.

steeldream posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 8:06 AM

Thanks, Norn! I'll do just that. Much appreciation for your prompt response.:)

nornaddict posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 10:34 AM

np steeldream :) it's a common problem & easily fixed thankfully :) I'll second dialyn too ;) some people who know the answer probably wont even look at this thread after seeing "Aaaargh!!!" in the title.