Forum: Vue

Subject: Radeon 9600 pro not good enough for VUE4pro? + some ranting... ;o)

Tiny opened this issue on Oct 06, 2003 ยท 11 posts

Tiny posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 4:59 PM

I have graphic board Radeon 9600 pro. And latest drivers.
Vue4 pro says it is not on their hardware list. Why is this? Is it too new or not good enough or what?
This feels so frustrating since the computer is not even 2 months old.

When told it is not on their list I get a choice to turn off OpenGL. When choosing 'Yes' I get a dialog saying the computer need to be restarted. When choosing 'OK' Vue goes into some kind of loop and refuses to quit. I can't even break it with Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Another problem:
When importing a scene from Poser 5 VuePro says it can't recognize the format .jpg for textures!

I also had the CDs loose in the package. Unfortunately there was some kind of glue on the app.CD so it couldn't install. I called to e-on in France (since I'm in Europe) and asked them what to do. They were very helpful and nice and said they send a new CD right away. I sent the damaged one back. Today I got the new CD.

Even if I feel frustrated right now and have tons of work wanting to be done in Vuepro, I'm happy there is a program like Vue. One can see the potentials right around the corner and e-on, I belive, is going there. Yes, it is a lot of money but hey, it wont matter in a hundred years from now.... ;o)