Forum: Vue

Subject: Nice picture comments and harsh critics

Tintifax opened this issue on Oct 14, 2003 ยท 24 posts

Tintifax posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 6:12 AM

There was a discussion going on about comments in the Vue Gallery. I'm not a native english speaker, so I hope nothings going down the wrong throat. - Some people (including myself) sometimes miss constructive critics. In order to improve my art I rely on them. - Critics are never objective. As long as an artist writes, what he wanted to achive, it's easier to give him recommendations or tell him how near he came to his goal. - Some artists think that others are their competitors, others share their knowledge in comments and tutorials. I say everyone to his likeing, but if you are kind to the community, the community will be kind to you. - There are a lot of artists here. I often try to scan the gallery and when I see several great pictures of an artist, I put him into my personal list. This is the reason, why some artists get more comments from me than others. - Artists are sometimes very sensitive. I'm not, but I try to avoid to affront others. If I do so, it may be my lack of speaking good english. Another good idea is to IM critics and suggestions, if they are not helpful for others. - I don't consider myself as one of the great artists, but i know what I like and what I don't. In order to get comments from me, just write what you wanted to achive and that you're eager for comments ;). You will get them ^-^. If I only write it is fantastic, I do mean that. Sometimes even I don't have an idea, what to improve. ...and yes, there should be more constructive comments in the gallery... What do you think? Best regards - Walter