Forum: Bryce

Subject: WIP

Ornlu opened this issue on Oct 27, 2003 ยท 9 posts

Ornlu posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 12:38 AM

Wip, yahoo... Sorry, my creativity meter has run low as of late. Still trying to get this scene to work though I think I've hit a dead end. It was going to be a museum scene for the 7 arts contest. sign reading: caution - Metaball exhibit out of service would be placed infront of the door. More paintings on the walls. Spot lighting on the paintings themselves. A statue off to the right. Needs some Major lighting work. The glass on the window needs to be brighter. possibly an outdoor scene other than a blurred image past the glass. Overall lighting will be TA based once It's finished. Expecting a hugely long render time.

madmax_br5 posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 1:08 AM

ewwwwww lol. Yeah I think the window needs to emit way more light. Maybe add a small skylight out of view with a slight bluish tint to give that classic gallery look. The scene needs ot be opened up, as of now it feels quite claustrophobic. I think lightening it up will help a lot.

Incarnadine posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 12:17 PM

Looks more house-ish than museum gallery-ish to me. love the idea!

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Claymor posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 1:36 PM

I tend to agree with Incarnadine...feels like a room in a house as oppossed to a gallery. Maybe a painting to replace the window and a more neutral color on the walls? Love the concept!!! Immediately made me think of the Peter Gabriel song "Here Comes the Flood" :)

Incarnadine posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 1:42 PM

It is a cool idea and I want to see it when it is done!

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

DrunkMc posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 3:28 PM

Maybe slightly change the camera angle. Any musuem I have ever been to has had HIGH ceilings, with the image cut off right at the door it's hard to get that feel. But I love the liquid coming from the door. Reminded me of the Shining when the blood comes out of the elevator.

Ornlu posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 9:02 PM

Yeah, mc, after I did this image I thought of the blood / elevator scene, that's going to be my next project. When I have any time, I've only put a half hour or so into this, no time to spare.

DrunkMc posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 5:51 AM

Excellent. I look forward to both projects.

jabbiati posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 9:28 AM

I think maybe the door height in a museum would be higher. The doorway here looks like a standard home doorway... perhaps if it was closer to the ceiling? Same might hold true with the ceiling height... just a thought.