Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Posing in other Programs

dlwaters opened this issue on Nov 14, 2003 ยท 6 posts

dlwaters posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 12:36 PM

Hey ... I love poser for posing, but I've been using Bryce for rendering ... but I hate having to reimport to tweak my poses. I've been researching (and dreaming about) buying some other software package. Here's what I'm looking for: - Something that I can do my basic posing in poser, then do minor adjustements to pose in final program. - While I'm at it, I'm interested in learning modeling figures, too, so if possible I'd like it to be a killer app for creating model figures. I've put my toes in the water with Maya PLE, Amapi, Wings 3-D, and have just gotten the Cinema 4D free version from the a UK magazine. I've tried loading from Poser 4 into Cinema 4-D, but can't find a format that exports the body connections properly. So, my questions are: 1) Is the lightwave export in Poser 5 going to be worth the money just to allow me to import into Cinema 4D V6? 2) What program would give me a decent renderer, good outdoors scene creation, allow importing of some poser export format (and still allow posing after import into that program) without a lot of hassles, and (hopefully) have some decent modeling tools? (Okay, so I want my cake and eat it too ... can it not cost $3000?) 3) If I can't get this all in one package, then what would be a good program for modeling (I hate AMAPI's interface) and a good complimentary program for rendering? There are too damned many programs out there and I can't (yet) afford to buy them all. Thanks! -DL