Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: ~~~November Poser Forum Challenge... VOTE HERE~~~

EricofSD opened this issue on Nov 25, 2003 ยท 53 posts

EricofSD posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 1:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/contest.ez?contest_id=256

Post your votes for the November Poser Forum Challenge in this thread. Voting is open until midnight, Renderosity server time, Thursday, November 27, 2003.

We have many new folks in this challenge, great job. There are multiple pages, the most ever, so click the "next" button at the bottom to see all the images.

The theme is:

**Let Your Soul Take Wings

An image with any poser character (people, or animal) with wings on it. They can be painted on or rendered in poser itself, but a set of wings must be present. I say, let your soul take wing and show us how your mind sees wings!!

An angel, a devel, a bird, faery, a car, an aircraft, a spaceship, wherever your imagination takes you, but Wings must be there!**

Here's how we vote, and this is important because if I get confused on your vote it won't be counted.

a) Keeping the theme in mind, your vote is up to you. Vote for what you like, whether it be technical, or artistic, or something that strikes you just right about the image, or best fit with the theme. Vote as you see fit. Try to avoid voting for friends or yourself.

b) You MUST vote for 3 different images. This allows us (and forces us) to chose more than one that we like.

c) I count the points assigned, the most points are the winners, so, give 3 points to the image that you think is the BEST. 2 points to the SECOND BEST and 1 point to the THIRD BEST.

d) You may not give all three images the same number of points. 3-2-1 is required. This allows us (and forces us) to spread out the points among those images we like.

e) You may make comments about the images in your voting thread. Feel free to say why you voted for an image, or some positive comments about the ones that you liked and didn't vote for. Remember, this is a fun challenge among ourselves to grow and learn and get some recognition.

f) Vote by the name of the artist, not the number of the image.

**So I look for voting responses like this:

Will - 3
Judy - 2
Penny - 1**

In that format, I will assign 3 points to the artist Will, two points to the artist Judy and one point to the artist Penny. If you reverse the order, or put the points before the name, I get confused. 3-2-1. (I confuse easily).

I know its hard this time, so many images, all are great. Best wishes to everyone.

Normally, I would have the winner posted right after the close of the voting. However, since the voting closes on Thanksgiving evening, and since I plan on being the "stuffed bird" after the family reunion, I shall likely trundle off to bed for slumber time. The results should be done by the weekend, if not sooner.

The first place winner gets to pick the theme for December. I'm sure the mods will post this voting thread in the Poser banner and likewise, the results thread in the banner when the winners are announced.

TrekkieGrrrl posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 2:09 AM

Mariamus - 3 - Not just becourse she's a great friend, but it really LOOKS like Max Payne. Randym77 - 2 - becourse the Rainbow Bridge poem always makes me cry Chinacat - 1 - Becourse, well... pigs might fly.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

azathoth posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 2:48 AM

JamesSF - 3 - For being downright BEAUTIFUL

WindyCity - 2 - well... cats =)

randym77 - 1 - ditto

(cats always seem to fly even without (visible) wings, don't you think? 8) )

RNKarenER posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 3:11 AM

Darkginger ~3 Just beautiful!! sarsa ~2 Lovely work A_ 1 ~Another wonderful image!! I wish I could give them all 3's!!!! All the images were just wonderful

A_ posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 4:26 AM

So many beautiful entries! :) Well, here's my vote: sarsa - 3 Syntao - 2 Paulric - 1

Armorbeast posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 7:01 AM

Oh why can't I have more points...have so many friends in here I hope they don't mind that I voted my conscience and for the images that touched me most rather than just outright beauty and power (Karen~Rhia~A~Flybynight hope you forgive;) yarddog -3- because that little one is so heavenly bjavor-2- because this little one isn't randym-1- because this little one just stole my heart

If the end goal of learning is genius...why are most geniuses failures at learning?

rhiafaery posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 7:04 AM

sarsa - 3 bjavor - 2 A_ - 1 Ackkkk!! That was hard!

Dragonsbld posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 7:20 AM

... well i can't vote for myself, not that i would anyway, so here are my favorites... FlyByNight - 3 A_ - 2 Bunkhean - 1

IronHold posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 7:26 AM

simdragon - 3 shadowdance - 2 WildPepsiChild -1

OritD posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 8:49 AM

Ciorstaidh - 3 Towal - 2 YZK-2003 - 1 Good luck to all

BekaVal posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 10:09 AM

So many creative ideas and wonderful images. So hard to decide. jschoen - 3 creations - 2 zai - 1

Paulric posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 11:12 AM

WOW! This was tough. I liked them all, but... dreamer728 - 3 (loved the anguish) Ciorstaidh - 2 (loved the scenery) FlyByNight - 1 (loved the clothing) If I gave out all the point I wanted to, they'd total up to be 192 (3 points each for all 64 pieces!)

simdragon posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 11:47 AM

Everyone did wonderfully...very hard to decide. A_ - 3 DarkGinger - 2 Sarsa - 1 Good luck all. :)

Kendra posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 12:09 PM

Sarsa - 3 Creations - 2 jschoen - 1

...... Kendra

Thorne posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 12:30 PM

Sarsa 3 FlyByNight 2 bjavor 1

LeFrog posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 12:32 PM

Here is my vote: dreamer728 - 3 Diaxus2 - 2 YZK-2003 - 1 Lots of nice images, but someone has to win !

mellygrl posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 1:28 PM

Sarsa - 3 (Absolutely adorable!) DSDragon - 2 (Moody and different) FlybyNight - 1 (Excellent composition)

tedrah79363 posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 1:31 PM

Sarsa ~ 3 ~ Lovely Mellygrl ~ 2 ~ Unique and surreal Dreamer728 ~ 1 ~ I love the emotion

Engel47 posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 2:16 PM

My Votes: chohole - 3 dreamer728 - 2 dragonsbld - 1 Good luck to everyone!

fany2 posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 2:38 PM

zai 3 sarsa 2 jschoen 1

Towal posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 2:45 PM

Good Luck everyone. Wow it was hard to only pick 3. My list changed several times as I was looking at all the images.

Here is my vote:

Laska - 3
scullygril818 - 2
randym77 - 1

Neyjour posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 4:22 PM

This was really tough! It took a long time, but I finally decided on my top three:

dreamer728 - 3
I love the emotion in this one, which is beautifully conveyed by the pose and expression on her face. I also love the atmosphere and the motion of the waves. The wings are magnificent, and very clever how they frame the light in the sky.

WildPepsiChild - 2
I love the motion in this one ... like she's soaring up towards the Heavens. Really great PoV, and beautiful lighting. I also love the colours and textures.

randym77 - 1
Rainbow Bridge has always been a favourite of mine, and I think this image depicts it wonderfully. So peaceful, happy, and serene. The kitty is just adorable, and I love the beautiful colours.

Some of the other images I really enjoyed were bjavor, Darkginger, FlyByNight, Laska, Sarsa, and Shishi. :)

"You don't know what we can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

hugme posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 5:00 PM

my votes: Towal - 3 laska - 2 scullygirl818 - 1

randym77 posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 5:04 PM

Man, this was tough. 3 - Neyjour I just love the dreamlike serenity of this image. It has such a lovely feel. Pose, POV, colors, landscape, everything works together beautifully. The flower sprig clutched in one hand is a nice detail. 2 - Chohole This one grabbed me because it's different from the usual angels and fairies -- but lovely in its own way. I like unexpected juxtaposition of nature and technology, and the symbology of the sunset. A fitting farewell to the Concord. 3 - Zai I almost clicked right by this one, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. Reminds me a queen bee being chased by drones. The composition is fantastic, with the framing of the figure (the cutting off of part of her leg and wing) adding to the urgency and intimacy of the image. Honorable mention: FlyByNight, jschoen, rafale, Megaionstorm, Laska, A_.

SophiaDeer posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 5:20 PM

I wish I could vote for more than three...so many beautiful images! Sarsa=3 RNKarenER=2 WindyCity=1

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

robynrae posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 5:48 PM

My favorites: Paulric - 3 jschoen - 2 Chinacat - 1

BonBonish posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 2:13 AM

My favorites: rhiafaery -- 3 SophiaDeer -- 2 Sarsa -- 1

RocketArt posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 2:29 AM

sarsa - 3 Creations - 2 mellygrl - 1 I thought these three artists used the most appealing lighting, textures and characters in their entries, but I was also drawn to the pieces submitted by bnetta, jschoen, syntao, Laska, illusions, Paulric, zai and WindyCity. It's always inspiring to see imaginative or humorous approaches to a subject. Thanks to all of you for sharing your work...

chohole posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 3:35 AM

3 pts..Ciorstadh 2 pts..Creations 1 pt...Sarsa

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Arturio posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 3:49 AM

I loved all of these images, and there were some very interesting and creative ideas too. Picking 3 wasn't easy but I kept in mind the competition heading 'Let Your Soul Take Wings" and that implied to me a feeling of motion, flight and freedom so with that in mind 3pts to WildPepsiChild - This is how I envisioned a free spirit soaring 2pt to Neyjour - I thought this was a very tranquil and almost ethereal image great colors 1pt to Bunkhean - Again another image filled with motion nicely constructed over a simple but effective background.

ABL posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 7:19 AM

My vote: AmberDreamz/3 - awesome nature and a fairy who looks a bit like Botticelli's Venus Sarsa/2 - such a beautiful creature ... azathoth/1 - this pic is so totally different from the other images! I also liked WindyCity's and randym77's pics because I love cats. Another image that grabbed my attention is YZK-2003's - so airy and light.

Missred posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 8:45 AM

3-Sophiadeer 2-simdragon 1-shadowdancer

emilyzz posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 10:34 AM

Mariamus - 3 becourse she so cool at her work mellygrl - 1 Sarsa - 1

emilyzz posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 10:35 AM

Mariamus - 3 becourse she so cool at her work
mellygrl - 2
Sarsa - 1

bnetta posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 10:41 AM

thank you rocket art for your mention of my pic. netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

WildPepsiChild posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 12:30 PM

Here's my vote :), I have to say looking through some of the posts and votes it does seem a bit like a Eurovision Song Contest but since I know no-one here my choices can't be classed as loyaly votes. All the images are winners. There are some wonderful faery based images but I agree to some extent with what someone else posted and confined my shortlist to images of motion and spiritualism not necessarily based on expertise or technique, but content and feeling. and they are:= Shishi - 3 pts Zoku01 - 2 pts Neyjour - 1 pts

yarddog posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 1:54 PM

I agree with the above comment by WildPepsiChild and have based my vote on three things use of the Poser program, sense of flight, and emotion.(excluding my own) dreamer728 = 3 syntao = 2 Diaxus2 = 1

SpiritofGabriel posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 5:39 PM

sarsa - 3 jschoen - 2 bjavor - 1

PikeWake posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 6:18 PM

Shishi - 3 jschoen - 2 bjavor - 1 Excellent stuff, all...

scullygirl818 posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 10:18 PM

3 - dreamer728 2 - FlyByNight 1 - Laska They all were really great!

Ciorstaidh posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 11:20 PM

WildPepsiChild - 3
jschoen - 2
sarsa - 1

Hard decision, so many wonderful entries. Chohole..could almost hear those geese saying, wait for us! Illusions..could see the wistfulness on the young lady's face as she watched the birds soaring between the buildings. Love the toga's on Rafale's entry..and so many more comments that I could go on forever. :-) Had to vote what spoke to me though. The exhileration and pure peacefulness on WPC's entry. The stone angel just drew me into her from jschoen. And the lil' balerina, well, could feel her hopes as she danced and flitted her heart out, by sarsa.

This was a wonderful contest, I am glad that I was able to be a part of it. And thank you to those that voted for my entry, that was a wonderful unexpected surprise. I do have to give credit though to LinWhite, for it is her beautiful scenery..not mine. I am learning how to make it though! :-)

dreamer728 posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 11:47 PM

This was a lot of fun, great job to everyone! my votes: A_ - 3 zai - 2 lstnlmbo75 - 1 Happy Thanksgiving!

chikiradarkblade posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 12:24 AM

zai - 3 dreamer728 - 2 jschoen - 1 Too many too choose from! There are so many talents in this competition... However my absolute favorite is Zai's. Excellent compesition and emotion encapsulated in the atmosphere. A lot of work went into that final piece I hope sincerly it wins.

illusions posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 7:56 AM

zai - 3 Neyjour - 2 Mariamus - 1 Tough choices, but these are the ones that stood out for me.

MadnessandMayhem posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 10:26 AM

I was surfing this competiton with a friend and I had to join just to cast my votes. I am not a good artist and I am just getting into 3D art. I am now armed with a copy of Poser 5 and I hope I can one day come close to these excellent entries. These 3 stood out the most for me. I was very impressed and inspired By Zai's entry, it reminds me of Louis Royo's work yet very unique style. I will be watching Zai's future posts very carefully. Zai 3pts (want to give 50!) Creations 1pt Neyjour 1pt

sarsa posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 1:50 PM

So many choices...so hard to pick just 3! FlyByNight 3 paulric 2 bjavor 1

randym77 posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 3:41 PM

Re-posting, because I obviously can't count... 3 - Neyjour 2 - Chohole 1 - Zai

mislain posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 6:36 PM

3- Zai 2- jSchoen 1- Paulric

shadow_dancer posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 8:00 PM

dreamer728 1 FlyByNight 2 Chohole 1

shadow_dancer posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 8:01 PM

oops dreamer was a 3

JVRenderer posted Fri, 28 November 2003 at 12:14 AM

shadowdancer 3 sarsa 2 rhiafaery 1

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

EricofSD posted Fri, 28 November 2003 at 12:19 AM

Ok, great job everyone. I found a faster way to spreadsheet this stuff so here's the results: sarsa - 38 First Place dreamer728 - 23 Second Place jschoen and zai - 16 Third Place tie Honorable Place FlyByNight - 14 A_ - 10 Ok, sarsa, you get to pick the December theme so contact me by IM and we'll start working on it. Let me know what theme you like, whether imported models are ok, if backdrops are ok, and if postwork is ok. Theme can be artistic, technical, a subject... just about anything. Congradulations to everyone!

-Yggdrasil- posted Fri, 28 November 2003 at 12:49 AM

Yay! Congratulations all! I missed the voting, but they were all good. ^_^ Good stuffs.