Forum: The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Subject: Hyper conform

compiler opened this issue on Dec 03, 2003 ยท 1 posts

compiler posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 5:56 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1550801&Reply=1551197#8

On another thread (and on another sleepless night), I had an idea that has potential for a lot of sales, so I thought I'd share it here in case it is not this dumb after all : ... Another way to take the problem would be to make "fast transfer procedures". Most of the modern characters follow roughly the same obj subdivision (not easily compatible with Posette, unfortunately). So, to adapt V3 clothes on Maya Doll for instance, what do you need ? 1- a pose to rescale the clothes to the new general shape of Maya Doll 2- a JPS pose to transfer the centers and JPS 3- a way to transform V3's shape into Maya Doll's. This last trick is usually done by using The Tailor, but it has sometimes mixed results (and I'm not sure it works on a MAC). But you could use magnets instead, with just the same efficiency. So with 3 clicks, you could adjust clothes from one character to the other. In Poser 5, I bet a Python script could take care of this all, and even transform the magnet effects into morphs. Open Python palette, click "hyper conform", select the name of the clothe's basis (eg Vickie2), select the name of the recipient (eg Mil girl PT), et voila ! OK, obviously I really should go to bed now... I'll make sweet dreams of a Poser world where lovely ladies exchange their clothes freely... :) (but in case anyone would make this : I'd buy it !)