Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: PBoost Question

Towal opened this issue on Dec 04, 2003 ยท 6 posts

Towal posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 12:37 AM

I am using the newest version of PBoost on WinXP Pro. I love the program and for the most part have had no trouble with it after the initial lock up problems.

The problem I'm having can be worked around, but I find it annoying so if I can actually fix it that would make me happier and it'd be easier now that I'm getting a fairly substantial library of items.

Most folders I am able to move into the new folders I have created with no problems. However, there are a few of them that I can't move from the folder where they go when I install. Sometimes it's not a HUGE issue (for example it's a folder that is at least close so while not the exact folder I want still one I would be likely to look in to find something).

Once in a while though on install something shows up in a folder that is completely inappropriate and I can't move it out (for example Mendhi's Butterfly Flocks is in the Vicky folder and I can't move it to the Animal one). I get a there is another a file by this name or windows is locking the folder error.

I have checked and I don't have files of those names already in the folders. I've tried making new folders and moving to that one and I still get the same error.

I've tried running correct reference and rebooting etc.

The items all work fine from the folders they are in. I can still switch banks without it locking up so I don't think it's a path issue.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting this problem would be much appreciated.

Towal

randym77 posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 5:42 AM

Why don't you try e-mailing the author? He's very helpful and prompt. Great support!

TrekkieGrrrl posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 7:18 AM

Try moving it with Windows, in Explorer instead. Sometimes PBoost just won't let go of some files L You may have to reboot before you do it. XP too is sometimes very posessive of files :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Towal posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 11:18 AM

Thanks!

I'll try to move them with explorer first and if that doesn't help I will email him for tech support.

Like I said it's not a HUGE issue..just an annoyance. I love the program and would be lost without it already.

Towal

hogwarden posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 11:47 AM

Hi there!! Hehe... I am watching the forums as often as I can! Hmmm... well I'm thinking there might be something set to read-only...? The moving of the folders around within PBooost works on just the same principles as in Windows Explorer... Can you move the files with Explorer....? H:))

Towal posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 12:02 PM

I have been pretty certain it is user error vs a program error that is why I hadn't wanted to bother you hogwarden. I didn't check for read only files, but I was able to move the offending files via windows explorer. I reran correct reference (not sure that was necessary, but can't hurt) and everything seems to be happy and functioning in it's new home. I can't say enough how much I LOVE this program. It was recommended to me before I even started getting much of a library and it has been the best money I have spent. I don't know how people manage without it. I'm very new to poser and would be completely lost without it already! Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I am sure you are quite busy :) Towal