Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Sorting all !V3 and !M3 files

Arathrax opened this issue on Dec 04, 2003 ยท 6 posts

Arathrax posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 2:22 PM

I just bought the latest PBoost and wanted to know what the more experienced Poser users feel is the best way to clean up the mess of !V3 and !M3 files that can occur. Did you place each in their own folder? Someother nifty trick? Love to know what you feel is the best way to keep it organized so I don't get a pose folder a mile long in P5. Thanks in advance. Holiday hugs and high-fives all around. :)

Lyrra posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 9:36 PM

I dumped the !v3 fodlers and !m3 folders into MIke3 and Vicki3 master folders respectively. If I want to inject somehting I got get them and put them back. I prefer working with a 'loaded' character, and not injecting. note, not a pboost user

Lucy_Fur posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 4:08 PM

Right now I'm combining the specific INJ/REM folders in to a single folder - like the !V3 chest/breast INJ' and '!V3 chest/breast REM' into just a !V3 chest/breast folder Lots of renaming tho - I'm putting a '+' symbol for the INJ and a '-' for the REM on the ends of the pz2 file names I'm trying to avoid using pboost myself I also shifted all my hair mat pose folders into the camera folder - after renaming the suffixes of course ;) That cleaned out over 30 folders from the Pose library.

herr67 posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 4:27 PM

I don't have PBoost but I 'hid' most of the folders that I don't use. Windows Explorer; right click; Properties; check hidden. They don't show up in poser.

Arathrax posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 5:08 PM

Question Lucy Fur? Why are you trying to avoid Pbooost? Thanks all for your replies

Lucy_Fur posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 6:22 PM

The more consolidated the better, imo - for myself. It's just a preference - and laziness wink so I don't have to learn to use another program. Modifying file names is less taxing for me. ;) BUT - if (or when) I do switch over to Pboost - it will be to put the files/folders that I don't use - so as to maintain Poser as streamlined as I possibly can.