Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Possette Retired

biggert opened this issue on Dec 11, 2003 ยท 20 posts

biggert posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 9:46 AM

hi guys!! when i first got Poser 5 my main character was Possette....after getting Steph, V3, DinaV, Natalia/Natrixa, and a bunch of other high res figures i now see how inferior possette's mesh is :::shivers:::...i used to do spend a lot of time doing postwork on her after renders.....there was this one time where after i posed her in a sitting position her legs and butt were so deformed i had to pretty much paint her legs/butt in.... but theres still a lot of people who are loyal possette users....theres even the website called possette forever... i am thinking with all these high quality figures Possette will pretty much be retired soon....but i dont think so...especially since theres a lot of free P4 stuff.... P4 based figures like EVE for some reason bend a lot better than P4 even though the polygon count is pretty much close to P4 16,380...(DinaV is a whopping 110,000+!!!)i guess its cuz of the grouping....for example possette's butt is grouped with her thigh...in EVE they are two separate groups and this helps a lot when you bend her legs....that deep valley between the butt and leg doesnt show up like in P4...so what you get is a very smooth transition from her butt to leg....wonder why? ive been trying to figure that out for quite a while now.....anyone know why? anyway...at least for me i am retiring P4......i still get goosebumps when I remember all that time i spent doing plastic surgery and other MAJOR post render operations on her....hmm.....i also think why didnt get those high res figures before......maybe i couldve saved myself a lot of time...... ::::stupid, stupid, stupid,......::::