Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V3 my vote for biggest disappointment of 2003.

alamanos opened this issue on Dec 16, 2003 ยท 59 posts

alamanos posted Tue, 16 December 2003 at 12:36 PM

I don't know if it's just me.. it probably is. I've had Vicky since she was released.. and guess what I'm back to playing with posette.. Why do u ask.. first of all there's the speed thing.. rendering is slow, even posing v3 and changing the dials seams to take 4ever. (My computer is fast enough.. 1 gig memory.. athlon 2600). and then there's the pose injection. I'd like to tell Daz where they could inject that. it takes about 20 seconds to load anything up with v3. and then there's the fact that my pose directory is pretty usually these days because of v3 and m3.. in order to find mat poses.. I have to scroll down though pages of (! Daz v3 inject, ! Daz v3 remove).. oh yes Daz did have to choose the (!) which appears at the top of any list. why do I need to see that every time I look for a pose or a mat. It would have been so easy for Daz to use something like zz! inject.. it would have saved me so much time... and then theres vickys head.. is there like what, 5 million dials, that hardley move at all? because there's so much geometry in V3 head. way more than u need. (one of the many benifts of unimesh) .. and there's the market place.. There are hardly any original characters for v3. now what's up with That?. We've got some incredible texture makers out there, but as far as bodies go, it seams most merchants just spin a few dials.. and call it a character.. well thanks, I can do that myself... When posette and v2 where out, I was spending money on a characters... because there was a difference between one v2 versus an other... I find pretty much every v3 in the market place today.. has exactly the same amazon body.. What happened to all the great modelers out there? Jim Burton seams to be the only one left who is creating original bodies. So guys... give me some original stuff... and I'll start spending some money again.. Till then it's just me and posette... Nick