Forum: Community Center

Subject: So Long...Farewell

Jenai21 opened this issue on Dec 17, 2003 ยท 34 posts

Jenai21 posted Wed, 17 December 2003 at 4:49 PM

So long farewell all...this is ridiculous I've lost about 90 images that I don't have backup too (which is admittedly my fault)...I just got over losing my entire harddrive and I haven't had the time to back up any of my older (pre-October) images...so all of my work is gone... However even if I did have back up it is completely ridiculous to have to re-upload hundreds of images......this is so upsetting to me...I honestly don't believe there is no backup and I feel lied to which hurts the most...I've put up with a lot of crap from this site but I always told myself... "the people(artist) here are so nice and what do you expect for free" now I feel like this is too far...I lost a substantial part of my life foolishly relying on Renderosity...even a free site has to have some standards of service and up until September Renderosity did have a tolerable (some may even say good) standard of service...I don't know what happened but this site is losing a lot of great people behind huge and completely avoidable mistakes...so I just wanted to say thank you to all the artist on this site...you guys have been great and its been a real pleasure getting to know you guys and I have been truly inspired by your work...thanks for everything...Jenn P.S. I do plan on leaving what's left of my gallery up and when I find someplace to call home that has a reasonable standard of service I'll upload a final image letting people who like my work know where they can find more