Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: My first Poser render

kalisperas opened this issue on Dec 20, 2003 ยท 12 posts

kalisperas posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 1:48 PM

Well, not my first render literally, but my first serious attempt at a composited pose. Please tell me what you think.

JVRenderer posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 2:25 PM

I think without a fire retarding shield, the samurai slayer is toast. All kidding aside, I think you did a pretty good job. I would suggest to make the background dark (night scene). That would have made this scene more dramatic. Just my 2 cents. :o) JV

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

SX200 posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 2:38 PM

Great job!...Love the smoke. :o) SX200

OneShot posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 3:30 PM

Extremely great job!

estherau posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 4:09 PM

I LOVE it!!! That could be a cover of a book! Or a scene from a movie. You could enlarge it and put it on your wall. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

antje posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 5:46 PM

I think you did a wonderful job!! Love the fire and smoke! :o)

SamTherapy posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 7:18 PM

It's great. Very nice work.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

pazu posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 7:22 PM

Kewel! Very dynamic, something strangely lacking from most Poser work...

ChuckEvans posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 8:33 PM

I have to agree with an above remark...I think a darker (or kind of a sunset sky) would have added a bit more drama to the scene (and perhaps fit in with the color scheme well). Only other thing is I can't take my eyes off the guys mouth. I'm supposing those are teeth but I keep thinking he's sucking a ping-pong ball or something. Aside from that, I think it's darn good! I think I should go delete my first attempts...this puts most of my work to shame. Great job on the fire and smoke!

kalisperas posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 8:48 PM

Thanks for the comments! I'll have to try a darker setting and see how it looks. Heh...now that you've pointed out the mouth, that's all I can focus on when I look at it! I'll have to see if I can do something about that!

OReillyTX posted Sun, 21 December 2003 at 10:21 AM

Very nice work! Looks like the dragon is gonna have samuri for dinner.

kalisperas posted Sun, 21 December 2003 at 10:12 PM

The smoke and fire were composited in Photoshop from three photos. Three seperate layers with different masks and transparencies.