Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Quality Lara Croft model wanted!! I pay good!!

Glen Wilson opened this issue on Aug 25, 2000 ยท 15 posts

Glen Wilson posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 4:57 PM

I am after a good Lara Croft model. i started one my self but it is bloody hard!! Or can any one point me to the shorts, gun holster thing, hair and boots she wears. ( thats what I am stuck on). Like I say, I pay good!!! Please help. Thanks.

cooler posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 5:19 PM

Glen... Phil Hokusai has done a wonderful "Cara Loft" figure. If someone here doesn't come up with the URL she's currently at drop me an email at cooler@gna.net. Phil has already given me permission to send her out. She's free with the only stipulation being if you like her Phil asks that you send a $5 donation to the March of Dimes (the address is in the readme :-)

Glen Wilson posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 5:28 PM

Thanks cooler, but altough that model is fine, I am looking for conforming clothes etc, as i would like to do some animations etc. Thanks again.

whisper posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 5:37 PM

IIRC I saw a lara croft model at the 3D Comic Collective http://www.3d-cc.com

Viomar posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 9:25 PM

hey! I'd be interested in Phil's Lara! Even though the one at 3dcc is very good. By the way Glen! I've lost Mr. Hokusai's email! Cause i remapped his Awesome Angel Wings, a while back! I remember posting about it here. He even replied to a question i had! I guess, back then with my silly Questions i must have seemed like a "Newbie"(Which i was). But, not anymore! So, anyhow! What i ask is if he'd give me permission to post them! Cause, i've had a few requests for them. Specially, for the texture i did for them! Regards! Marc

Viomar posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 9:28 PM

Oops! I meant to say "By the way Cooler!" Marc(I need NEW fingers!)

cooler posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 9:43 PM

Well Marc...since I had no interest in comics after I left the biz in the mid 80's I really had no reason to go to the 3DCC before, but in light of the current thread I thought I'd stick my head in & take a look. The Lara Croft/Cara Loft figure is Phils so you can d/l it from there :-) Just as an aside 3DCC is a really impressive site & everyone involved should be proud of it :-)

Viomar posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 9:51 PM

well, i'll be...! I have to take a break from my cpu! Of, ourse, it's Phil Hokusai's Lara! I'm such a moron! I know the feeling! I use to Collect for me & a few Comrades, Loads of comics & such! Even went to lots of conventions! Got saturated! Now, I'm Drowning myself in the "3d world". :-) Marc

sturkwurk posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 10:13 PM

Cooler... We kept the light on at the 3D-CC for you for a while now... it's about time you stopped by! Yes, the Lara file at the 3D-CC is the same as Cara... Doug Sturk

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

dlm posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 10:25 PM

If anyone is interested, and can do it. I have an excellent Lara Croft head and pony tale created in 3d Max that would look fantastic attached properly to a poser body.It would also need some facial morphs to change expressions but it really is very close to the Eidos one..At the moment I,ve done a couple of test renders by taking a poser figure (minus head) into max then just sitting the head on it and texturing the whole thing, as I,m not up on how to replace a poser head. If anyone is interested and wants to take a look at the head, the test renders are at www.switch to/batman under DLM.They are the last three pictures on that page bottom row right. PLEASE BE WARNED-This is a "nuderaider" site & not to everyones cup of tea & some of the other images on the site would fit nicely on Renderotica.Adults only please.

dlm posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 10:31 PM

http://www.switch.to/batman The Url in the above posting appears not to work.Please try this one.

Dreamspinner posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 11:16 PM

I'd rather have Phil's version of Lara than the Eideos one. I did several renders with her for a friend whose crazy about the series of games. With a wonderful texture from Happy World Land, she looks as she should if she were a real fem and not a bunch of polygons. Since I've helped my friend play all the games so far I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed that Lara has had a polygon bust enlargment with each successive game. However, to be fair, I will have a look at your Lara head dlm. Liz Pope Dreamspinner Inc.

Ironbear posted Sat, 26 August 2000 at 11:48 AM

It seems that there was another Lara model in Poser Freestuff, but I couldn't find it just now. I did find a texture and some Lara morphs there tho, about 130 odd items in.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

dlm posted Sat, 26 August 2000 at 11:50 AM

I agree with you Liz as to which Lara I prefer,There is a W.I.P.comic page up in the gallery (Don,t ask me how it got there it wasn,t intended to be published yet) using a slightly morphed poser figure with the Lara hair and I think it looks much better. It,s just that those particular renders look as if I have the real model of her and you would not believe the amount of e-mail requests I get for it.I keep having to explain how it,s done and it would be easier if I could post a model somewhere. Thanks for your interest anyway.

Glen Wilson posted Sun, 27 August 2000 at 3:49 PM

Blimey!!!.....The kind of Lara I want and am working on has her fabulous curves but is essentially a typical poser model. I do not want her to look like the game character as such, because she is to be animated with other poser models. So far, I have created a rather impressive chest morph for the leotard ( my first attempt too!!) and found some glasses that go quite well. I have 'borrowed' PhilC's shorts and holster as well so I am nearly there. I still need conforming boots and a smaller backpack. I am going to paint the gloves on the texture and bump map it I think.