Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: If I hear "hobbyist" on more time.......

PheonixRising opened this issue on Dec 27, 2003 ยท 63 posts

PheonixRising posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 3:32 PM

My brother play golf for fun. I do not call him a hobbyist. he golfs or is a golfer. Every once in awhile I see or hear things like, "easy enough for even just a hobbyist" " the hobbyist Poser users" "Poser hobbyists" And I am sorry but few few times does it ever not sound condescending. What the hell would a "Poser Professional" be? What the people doing those infomercials or those ab machine ads??? Sorry but those animations and images don't hold a candle to the community. I also am irritated by those who think that unless you do post work you are not an artist. Just garbage. heheh I would say, "well learn to render better." :) I think there are just "poser artists". We all know that Poser isn't a hobby. It is an obsession bordering on a way of life. lol "Hobbyist"... I'll have to call my brother a hobbyist golfer and see how he reacts. :) Just such a condescending term in my opinion. Not that we don't all have hobbies, but to use it as a title. ...

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer