Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Open Source DAZ Studio is what we really need!

bizarro opened this issue on Dec 30, 2003 ยท 17 posts

bizarro posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 1:40 AM

The whole idea of a new binary file format for content that one company controls makes me very uneasy and to be honest I'm not too excited about the state of DAZ Studio with already more than one year development under its belt (and don`t get me started on the state of poser 5)

I think DAZ should either make DAZ Studio Open Source or the community should get together and start its own "poser like" project. I think this would be the best way forward and would benefit everyone.

This project should have a plugin architecture that would still allow everyone to write proprietary plugins that they can sell but the core functionality should be developed by the community.

Im a software developer in the 3d graphics space myself and Im convinced that this is a more than doable task and because of its interesting nature would definitely attract a lot of talented developers (which could make money later on by developing plugins for a program they know inside out)

Poser has such a dedicated community that I`m actually surprised that no one has suggested this before...