Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Lighting in Poser

wetworks opened this issue on Aug 30, 2000 ยท 2 posts

wetworks posted Wed, 30 August 2000 at 7:44 AM

I have seen some incredible environments within pictures rendered by folks here. I am always impressed by those that include light in their scenes, such as lamps, glowing balls of power, etc., and I was wondering if this is done in Poser, or one of the other software packages that are fairly popular here. I would like to have light coming from a lamp in an otherwise dark room, and have tried playing around with spotlights, but just don't seem to get the feel of a regular light bulb. Can some one either aim me at a good Poser tutorial on this, tell how it's done, or let me know that I'm trying to accomplish something beyond the scope of Poser? As always, let me thank you in advance for your help. Rick

davo posted Wed, 30 August 2000 at 9:16 AM

If you are rendering a room with a light fixture in it, I would set up a spot light on each wall, the floor and ceiling, each spotlight should point toward the opposite wall,then turn the intensity down to a desired level. What this does is create an even light tone throughout the room. Now create a spotlight near the light fixture and point it where you want, maybe even 2 spotlights pointing in opposite directions, make sure these lights are a little brighter. I really don't do much lighting myself, but found that this was the best way. Somebody else may know a better method. Davo