Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: HOW DO YOU GET HIS PROGRAM

timefighter opened this issue on Jan 11, 2004 ยท 15 posts

timefighter posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 12:16 AM

Well.... I went to Daz's home page and found no link to download this program. Not even a trial version...nothing. I would like to learn more about it, but have no way of knowing anything about the prog as I can't get it. Does anyone have a link to where it can be downlaoded??? HELP!! James

DefaultGuy posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 2:59 AM

Attached Link: http://brian.curiouslabs.com

Hi James, DS is currently in alpha and right now is only available to DAZ Platinum members. You will need to subscribe to the Platinum club if you want to start using Alpha Daz Studio. It's a yearly membership and offers some really great deals. I renewed my membership because of the great content they offered me last year. -DefaultGuy

BecSchm posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 3:08 AM

James, my understanding is that it will be available to everyone when the beta version is released.

xantor posted Mon, 12 January 2004 at 7:28 AM

Does anyone know roughly when the beta version will be released? I am not a platinum club member so I can`t read the daz studio forum ( at daz, that is).

ilr posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 3:47 AM

Ok I became a Platinum member. how can I download daz studio now? pls Help. Thank you.

xantor posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 4:49 AM

I think that you need to go to the forums for that ilr anyway, they will have a message there somewhere that tells you how to download it.

ilr posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 4:52 AM

right. thank you xantor.

Veritas777 posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 1:22 PM

If your PC account is working it should be in the bottom of your account purchases page. That's where DAZ has put the Platinum Club freebies like Mr. F, Stephanie Petite and Daz Studio. I have been getting tremendous usage out of the PC Goodies (don't forget they also handed out a ton of free models also for members who renewed their annual subscriptions.) I am already making SERIOUS MONEY using DAZ STUDIO, and its only an ALPHA program, HEH! Platinum Club is the BEST model club deal around.

xantor posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 2:41 PM

Veritas777 how do you make money out of studio if you dont mind me asking?

Veritas777 posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 7:29 PM

By MAKING STUFF. Then people give you MONEY. It's a wild concept, I know, but it works for me!

dpoosch posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 10:33 AM

I recently tried buying a one year sub to Platinum Club. I used the same card I have been using to puchase hundreds of dollars of products. Now Daz informs me that they can't use the card to pay for Platinum Club...I have to use Pay pal. Planty of money in the bank...no problems with the card. So I am curious if anyone else has this problem. Seems odd....I have bought close to 6000 dollars worth of computers...and untold sums for graphic programs....no problem with the card....so why is Daz getting an attitude all of a sudden. I can stop buying from them in an instant.

MachineClaw posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 11:53 AM

DAZ is not the problem, it's their credit card processing company. To get a yearly PCLUB membership you have to use the PayPal method, or use your Credit card and do the monthly payments. the processing company charges Daz and it was a big deal few months ago. basiclly want PCLub pay monthly auto renew monthly with CC or buy yearly with PayPal those are your choices. Daz stated that PCLub members would get the Alpha and that soon after the beta would be free for everybody non PClub people as well. What is the ETA on when this is going to happen. No news, no word from Daz.

cruzan posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 3:32 PM

Actually, if you have a discover card - they can accept that. Least that is what they took for my prepay one year subscription. Was told it was MC and VISA that wouldnt take a prepay for one year of service...

dpoosch posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 3:36 PM

No way do I let anyone have monthly acess to my card...and I have heard more horror stories about Pay Pal than I care to mention. So Daz is the one looseing out. I spend a lot of money on this stuff....and the credit card company charges the same thing when I purchase stuff here,,,poser world....or where ever. That is the cost of doing business. Why would a charge for 100 dollars be any different than what they charged me for Mike or Vicly and all the stuff that had to go with it. But if that is the way they do business so be it.

Veritas777 posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 4:27 PM

Best method I think is just transfer into PayPal the annual fee amount and pay off DAZ completely in one shot. No credit card hassles, etc. The once-a-year payment is the best. FINIS, OVER, DONE. Then collect your goodies as they come out.