Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Now I know why most Poser renders are nude.

TheCimmerian opened this issue on Jan 19, 2004 ยท 22 posts

TheCimmerian posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 3:38 PM

Darn near impossible to fit clothing to a morph'd V3 or M3. I have wasted more time and money trying to fit clothes to V3 morphs and the M3 Warlord. Sheesh! Any hints or pointers to tutorials to fit clothing would be greatly appreciated.

Mason posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 3:48 PM

Get the Tailor. Its great! Also there are some real nice magnet sets for V3 that can set the clothes for you without Morphs.

TheCimmerian posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 4:42 PM

The demo did not seem to work for me on a Base V3 and awful's My Shirt. Perhaps I did it wrong. What type of models can you use it on? V3 morphs? M3 Morphs? Thanks

iamonk posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 4:57 PM

Don't forget magnets! In Freestuff here LesBentley posted his Mirror Magnets, I highly recomend them for symmetric tweakings. You could then export the deformed clothing parts to use as morph targets. The Tailor works well for me 85% of the time, sometimes I still have to do a little smoothing here and there.

iamonk posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 5:07 PM

Oh, the Tailor works on everything I have tried V3, M3, Freak, etc...

The denser the mesh, the more time it may take to calculate the morphs. I do one morph at a time, I don't know how well it handles multiples on the new Daz figures.

Problem may arise if the poly count of the clothing can't support the bulge or detail of the morph you are transfering. Like trying get a spherical bulge out of 4 polygons.

Then things get kinda jagged or boxish.

TheCimmerian posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 5:28 PM

Argh....this is so frustrating. K, I will play with the magnets. Obviously, I am new to Poser so I first have to learn how to use them. :( I have now wasted a couple of weekends trying to get clothes to work correctly...perhaps it is time to put Poser back on the shelf and take a break.

geoegress posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 5:39 PM

lol- welcome to the world of the pinup- yup

Riddokun posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 6:30 PM

Mason the tailor is sure great (i can only believe what you say, i don't have it), but when you pay for clothes, you usually do not plan to buy another thing to make your clothes work the way they were intended to !

TheCimmerian posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 6:35 PM

Tell me about it. I bought M3 Morphing Suit to fit a Muscular M3 Morph and I am having a hell of a time getting even close. Most of the suit is buried within the M3 Morph and cannot even be selected. ...............ARGHHHHHHHHH!

libernull posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 7:08 PM

In Poser 5, I have heard that you can select M3 or V3's body, edit>copy, select the bodysuit or any other morphable clothing and edit>paste to the clothes body. Suppossedly, P5 will transfer whatever morphs it can. I haven't tried it yet as I've been too busy with Rhino... but it was in the DAZ forums (if I recall).

Marque posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 8:00 PM

Just tried it, didn't transfer any morphs, hummmm. Marque

iamonk posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 11:08 PM

Libernull is correct, using copy and paste on the "body" of each will synchronize the dials. Works nicely with the morphing clothes at DAZ. However if the morph dial isn't there, it won't do much of anything.

Most clothes stay close to the default figure shapes, the better ones have morphs to match the standard figure's morphs. Taking notice to what morphs you like to use, and which ones are offered in an item of clothing, will give you an idea of how much tweaking you will need to do.
Just about everything I have ever bought has fit perfectly on a stock figure, the problem is, who uses a stock figure?

The Tailor IS relatively cheap, magnets are free. With the help of the tuts here and the other top Poser resources, one can be fitting their own clothes in no time.

Oh as far as selecting the parts, you can select them from the menus under the document window.

My guess as to why most Poser renders are nude...

...It would be a shame to cover all of that work up.

-Yggdrasil- posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 11:49 PM

I guess since I've been dabbling in this sort of subject as of late (reference my latest Gallery entries), I'll put in my two-cents worth. I've been fitting Vicky/Eve/Poser clothing to Anime Doll lately, no small feat indeed. I use magnets and the Transform dials to put everything into place. Albeit, I've constructed my own magnet set for Anime Doll so that she can now almost virtually fit into anything. I find that after I conform (yes, I **do** conform, not parent and pose) the clothing, I can get fits if I adjust the actual size/rotation of the body parts. You may want to look into that as well. But magnets are probably the best way to go. If you have any questions about how to get them up and running, let me or someone else know. ^_^ I'm not a magnet expert or anything, but I know enough about them to get Vicky3 clothing onto Anime Doll, so that's probably worth something...

Marque posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 12:31 AM

I would love to learn about magnets, where is a good place to start? Marque

sandmarine posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 4:19 AM

whe Tailor doesn't work for me, I just play with the magnets on the clothes until i get them like I want... takes time, but when I get one magnet to work, i add it to the props library and then start using it in other clothing for the same figure... kind of like Tailor does, but the old fashion way :) dr. geeps tutorials helped me on this, in case you want a starting point... and it doesn;t take as much time to learn them as I iniatlly thought.

TheCimmerian posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 6:28 AM

This thread has been very insightful. I would like to learn how to use magnets better. I went over the section in the Poser manual, but it was not very helpful.

vilters posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 10:47 AM

Traveler and Dr Geep both have nice tutorials on magnets.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Strixowl posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 11:26 AM

Tailor really only works on tight fitting clothing. Geeps Magnet tutes are excellant and also wyrmmaster (Here in MP)has magnet sets that help in body shapeing and are excellant when fitting clothing.

TheCimmerian posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 1:35 PM

I searched for Geeps tutorials but did not find them. Are they on the Renderosity site?

vilters posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 3:02 PM

do a search here n the forum for Dr geep; 1. Attention, they are very good, easy to understand 2. Plenty of them 3. You'll need a lot of spare time 4. you'll learn a lot 5. and somewhere, but I always forget where, they are available in pdf

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

aodor posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 4:10 PM

http://fallencity.net/tut-geep/index.php This is where you can find them as PDFs. I D/L yesterday and can't stop reading ;) Alberto Odor Mexico City

TheCimmerian posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 4:18 PM

Attached Link: http://http://www.fallencity.net/tut-geep/index.php

Hehe Alberto, I just found that site and was going to post it. Thanks!

add the site as a link: