Forum: Bryce

Subject: I can't take it anymore.. I must say goodbye....

striving opened this issue on Jan 22, 2004 ยท 72 posts

striving posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 12:07 AM

Well, I have been here for about 2 years now. When I joined R(enderosity) I was so jazzed. I saw so much great art. I was getting some great feedback and well deserved critques. All helped me to grow. I think I have grown a lot in my work in Bryce. And thanks to so many here that have aided in me getting where I am. But with all that said, I must bid a farewell. I can no longer deal with the growing number of images that belong in the beginners gallery, not only getting like 30 comments, but making the h20 week after week. Those that are voting this "popular" art in know who you are. And you should be ashamed of yourselves. There are those here who work their asses off on images for endless hours. Reworking scenes and scraping entire images because it didn't pass their own inspection. Often, these images are left in the dust to the recent influx of newbies and Bryce hacks. Just about everytime I go to the Hot 20 I want to scream. Amoung 20 images, there are 5 excellent images, 5 great ones and 10 works that look like first week brycers made. For myself this is so damn frustrating I can't even describe it. I have spoken to others too, the feeling is not only in my heart here. Others share it.(no, the h20 isn't that important, its more than that. Its about being honest) I guess the bottomline is... this site is not for me anymore. Either I have out grown it, or it has regressed beyond me. I hate the popularity cliques that go on here. Since I came to this site (and others) as a way to get input. SERIOUS input. This has been lost. All real and honest comments have been lost in a sea of "personality contests" and who "likes" who. This is the only way I can justify some of the better artist in this "community" not only praising bad art, but voting it as a TOP IMAGE posted in a given week. I get comments from these people as well. But when I see their comments on other work that is best described as "Beginner" I begin to wonder if the comment on my work was honest and truthful. I can look at the work of mine and make my own judgements, but I am the type that always thinks I am biased. Some of you have me second guessing myself, and my art. For that reason I think I should move on. I know 99% here couldn't care less if I am here or not. I don't really care about that. I think the thing is, some of us here really "care" about what we put out. We are "striving" to better our work. It may not be a career, but it is more than a "What the hell, waste some time" thing in our lives. Sorry to have ranted so long. I just wanted to get this off my chest. In hopes that it would cause a few of you to rethink what ART is and what is really going on here on this site and how it effects others. For the sake of those that will come after me and are seeking to grow. Don't squelch their continued improvment with dishonesty. For honesty is one of the finest qualities a [hu]man can have.... Thanks again to all those that were honest and sincere. To all those that helped me along the way. Best to all here in their futures in "ART"... Bruce