Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Free 30-Day Daz Platinum Club Trial End Date

Caly opened this issue on Jan 23, 2004 ยท 13 posts

Caly posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 1:13 PM

You should receive the notice in the Newsletter. I got mine today. You'll be a member until Feb. 21st. Unless you renew of course. ;) "One-Month FREE Platinum Club Membership for Everyone! That's right, you probably already noticed it, you're now a full-fledged Platinum Club Member! From now through February 21st, 2004, everyone who is, or becomes, a member of the DAZ online community will receive full Platinum Savings Club status for a limited time. This means that every $1.99 Platinum Club item is temporarily available to you."

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Simderella posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 1:19 PM

huh? I didn't get that newsletter... ah well

My Gallery

Tyger_purr posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 1:23 PM

If I sign up to become a member (annual or monthy) on Feb 21st (or just before) will I pay renewal fees or first time fees?

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

SndCastie posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 1:50 PM

you just have to sign up for a regular account you don't have to sign up for platinum one to get this.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

randym77 posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 1:51 PM

Just renewal fees, I think. At least, that's what the announcement sounded like to me. If that's the case, it's kind of a bummer for those who just bought the monthly plan. They should probably ask about getting a refund.

SndCastie posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 1:54 PM

Just renewal fees according to the newsletter once the free trial runs out.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

Caly posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 2:29 PM

randy- anyone who has a membership already gets an extra 30 days though... :)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

SKondris posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 3:54 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com

DAZ is currently running a special promotion where absolutely anyone and **everyone** who has an account or creates an account on the DAZ website **will receive a free trial Platinum Club membership**. This special promotion is currently underway and will continue through February 21st, 2004.

Okay, so how do I get my trial membership?!
You already have it! Simply login to the DAZ website and begin enjoying your benefits! If you have your web browser set to "Keep me logged in", you may need to click the "logout" button and log back in again to refresh your account settings.

What do I get as part of my trial membership?
You can have it all! The One-Month Trial Membership is the real deal. You are a full-fledged member from now until February 21st, 2004. The only thing keeping you from taking advantage of this offer is you! Start enjoying Platinum Club access right now with the following benefits:

What if I already am a Platinum Club Member?
You get an extra month FREE! That's right, everyone who was already a paying savings club subscriber has received an additional month for Platinum Club membership absolutely free! And the more of the new members who stay on board, the more that DAZ will be able to reinvest back into the club. DAZ is committed to making the number one 3D savings club around even bigger!

More information to come...
We'll be sending out a special Platinum Club Newsletter tonight to further illustrate the benefits of a Platinum Club Membership, and now that you're a member, you'll be able to receive that exclusive newsletter, too! It should prove to be quite an interesting read. ;)

Enjoy your free memberships!

The DAZ Team

randym77 posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 4:58 PM

Yeah, but think about it, Caly. What if you're someone like DaveSo, who just bought a PC membership Wednesday night? The very next day, he finds out everyone's a PC member for free. He could've saved himself $30. Yes, an extra 30 days is nice...but that only costs $8. Better to cancel the PC membership you bought yesterday, and pay the renewal fees next month.

lhiannan posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 6:11 PM

Then cancel and get the refund... Daz has a 30-day unconditional money back guarantee.

randym77 posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 6:30 PM

I know, that's what I was saying. I said they should get a refund. Caly was saying you get 30 days tacked on to your membership, as if that's just as good. But my point was that that's not worth nearly as much. DAZ...I love 'em, but I don't think they thought this one through. It's basically $30 off a PC membership. Adding 30 days to existing PC members' accounts doesn't come close to that deal. While the yearly folk still end up paying less than those who come aboard during this promotion, some of the monthly folk are probably feeling kind of burned. Sure, DaveSo can probably get a refund, but if you bought your membership longer ago than he did, it becomes difficult.

randym77 posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 6:49 PM

Attached Link: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=2487

It's in the Members Only forum. It's Sticky, at the top, labeled "DAZ Studio Update." Click on the topic, and you'll find the link, as well as the username and password. Once you get in, click on the directory you find there, and there will be four choices. Basically, Mac and PC, with content and without. (The NC stands for No Content, and are much smaller. If you don't have broadband, you may want the NC versions.) This is not the version with the Dog, birds, etc. That hasn't been released yet. The content in this version is Egyptian stuff, I think.

pakled posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 8:34 PM

THANK YOU! dang, that was a bit of searching..sometimes I'm not so bright..btw, here's the picture that sponsored my handle..;) Courtesy of 'You can't do that on Star Trek'..which alas has joined the great 404..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)