Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Question: Poser textures on imported Poser Characters in Truespace 4.3

Al opened this issue on Sep 08, 2000 ยท 5 posts

Al posted Fri, 08 September 2000 at 5:07 AM

Anybody know how to? Thanks AL

PhilC posted Fri, 08 September 2000 at 6:44 AM

In Truespace it goes like this:- Right click the Paint Object icon In the Shaders window left click the colour shader, then in the popup window select texture map. Now right click the colour shader, now in the texture map popup window brows for the texture map. Lastly left click the Paint Object icon to apply the texture. Hope this helps. I use TS for all my modeling. PhilC www.philc.net

smallspace posted Fri, 08 September 2000 at 11:58 AM Online Now!

I still have better luck when I make sure that all props (including hair) are "un-parented" from any figure before exporting. Also, I, if I'm not going to bring the figures back into Poser, I always choose 3DS as the export format rather than OBJ, because Truespace supports textures for 3DS import. If you do this, you will need to convert your textures to TGA and save them to the same folder as the 3DS file. If you do everything correctly, the 3DS file should import fairly much intact, however, you have to recreate any bump maps and/or transparency maps as they are not supported in the import. -SMT

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

pa902 posted Fri, 08 September 2000 at 5:47 PM

One important thing-sometimes the texture goes on really lousy-i think you right click render and check triangulate option-this will really help!!!

Al posted Sat, 09 September 2000 at 1:54 PM

I have used the conversion of the obj file in cob format. The textures work better than with 3ds importation method. Many thanks to both of you! Now the problem is to make a correct smoothing for the body! AL