Forum: Photography

Subject: Some thoughts for all photographers who would dare to know.....

Anugama opened this issue on Feb 03, 2004 ยท 48 posts

Anugama posted Tue, 03 February 2004 at 10:09 PM

First of all I would like to point out that there is indeed a lot of talent here at Renderosity and it is a great place to be and interact. There are a group of people here that have a big following and rightly deserve the positive feedback they regularly get. I strongly believe that after viewing countless photos of people that are not perhaps a well known name or have posted only on seldom occasions, whatever the case may be, I find it strange and disappointing that many of their pictures receive very little attention. Often and of course I am generalizing, I see the lesser names posting better images than the well known names (no offence to anyone) this would suggest a type of bias mentality. I would even go so far as to say that the well known names will receive 150 or more comments and a stack of high rankings regardless of whether they post good photo or a umm not so good photo. When I first started posting here I wasnt really commenting much on other peoples works so I have a bit of catching up to do, but of late I have been making the effort and I strictly comment, vote, rank, based on the image without ever taking into consideration who the author might be. I have been doing photography for about 20 years and was taught to always give credit where credit is due. There are some excellent images popping up in the gallery and I would urge everyone to break out of this cozy alliance system and judge all works equally. I must also say that I am thrilled to bits at the amount of feedback I myself receive and many thanks to all who have taken the time to put forwards their views. Ponder if you will my thoughts without seeking the rotten tomatoes and let us see how we can remedy things for the future! Anugama