Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So How do you explain what we do in Poser to Muggles?

PheonixRising opened this issue on Feb 09, 2004 ยท 52 posts

PheonixRising posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 6:02 AM

Forum been a bit blah lately so I thought I would pose a question(no pun intented). We all know how almost impossible it is to describe what we do to people who then say blankly, "So you work in computer graphics?". :) This is how I describe it: What I do(models) "Think of a movie studio soundstage that is empty. There are programs that are like that soundstange but are 3D like Starwars or Video games. You can load your actors, props, scenery, etc and arrange them to make movies or photos called renders. What I do is make real-life models peole use to help them create artwork or images for other projects like books, instructional mediia or anything where hireing real world people isn't practicle or possible." ---------------------------- How I describe texturing. "3d objects and people are like white boxes and mannequins. We make a UV map which tells a picture how to wrap around the model like x-mas wrap around a box. A texture map is like the wrapper around a soup can or soda bottle." ---------------------------- If I am tired or not into it I just say: "I make realistic virtual Barbie Dolls toys and clothes for adults who like to make pretty pictures with the computer without having to draw." What do you say? Anton

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer