Forum: Photography

Subject: Anyone here used both the canon 300d and 10d?

sabretalon opened this issue on Feb 10, 2004 ยท 15 posts

sabretalon posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 7:47 AM

I'm trying to find somewhere that will let me try both the 300d and 10d before I can make my decision of which would suit me best. Has anyone here tried both of these? If so what did you choose and why? I like the idea that the 300d being newer technology etc.. but slightly lower spec than the 10d being the trade off. But I also like the idea of the 10d being tried and tested and found to be robust all round camera. Others have suggested that I take a look at the Olympus E-1 or the Pentax or Nikon d100. I have read reviews of them all but still leaning towards the 300 and 10 d. I am almost leaning to the 300d, 2 reasons influence this leaning. 1 is the price, is the 10d worth 45% more? I can get the 300d with 2 lenses for 900. 2 is the newer technology, I know as soon as I hand over my money for a 10d canon will announce it's replacement the 10di with go faster stripes and everything, you just know it's going to happen. Which would meen I have paid the top price for something that would drop in value very swiftly to make way for it's replacement. I would appreciate it if anyone has tried these 2 cameras, could leave a brief comparison they used for the 2 and why they chose the one they now use.