Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V3 and M3 and the insane file size issue

Yunas_Guardian opened this issue on Feb 12, 2004 ยท 20 posts

Yunas_Guardian posted Thu, 12 February 2004 at 10:48 AM

Howdy. You know how if you load all face and body morphs onto V3 or M3 and save it the Poser file is like 120 megs? The heck is up with that? I've always compressed my stuff when I am finished with it and it can compress most Poser files by anywhere from 50-75%. That tells me Daz could've done a better job programming them, but that's not the issue at the moment. :P Has anyone figured out any technique to reduce file sizes besides compression? Is there a way to unload all the morphs except ones that are used (quicker than one by one by one)? If you load all the morphs for V3/M3 and then pose them will they remain the same if you unload all the morphs? Agh! I'm just curious because I have this scene I'm trying to do with three V3s and Poser is wiggin' out when I try to render it and the file size is like 440 megs. Anything related to this issue would be useful. It's the first time I've really encountered a problem that I could not get around one way or another. Thanks, and Ciao! Man, my P4 directory is 26 gigs and over 106,500 files. That just ain't right.