Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help with Loki

Dwight Yorke opened this issue on Sep 13, 2000 ยท 6 posts

Dwight Yorke posted Wed, 13 September 2000 at 4:59 AM

Hey everyone, i run an Efed and i make images for my wrestlers. Granted there nothing on some of you lot, as your the greatest artists ive seen. But one of my wrestlers wants to resemble Loki. Ive not heard of him much but apparently hes a Super Villain or something in Comics. I was wondering if any one has seen anything that would help in making him. Im not looking to copy Loki, but just use similar clothing etc. Thanks for the Help

SewerRat posted Wed, 13 September 2000 at 5:23 AM

hmm, try the 3D Comic Collective http://www.3d-cc.com/ they probably won't have loki himself, but with bits and pieces from enough other superheroes/villains you can probably make your own version SewerRat

RKane_1 posted Wed, 13 September 2000 at 8:36 AM

He's also a god from Norse mythos and all but no need to bring that up. sigh Kids today. chuckle

SewerRat posted Wed, 13 September 2000 at 11:03 AM

yes, true but then again, there is no specifics of what a norse demigod looks like, and pop culture does tend to borrow and corrupt everything with...wait a minute, I'm on holidays! gasp and I almost made an intelligible sentance runs screaming for the bar SewerRat

CharlieBrown posted Wed, 13 September 2000 at 12:54 PM

That version of Loki is based on Jack "King" Kirby's interpretation of the Norse god. Loki/Loge/Loche is a trickster god, capable of assuming any form (even animals, inanimate objects, etc.). According to the myths he was half Aesir (Norse God) and half giant...

CharlieBrown posted Thu, 14 September 2000 at 8:25 AM

Flev, it sounds like - despite all odds - Hercules - the Legendary Adventures came closer to a "true" Loki than any version elsewhere! And I thought they'd overplayed his evil; I know he's not the "benevolent" trickster common in American Indian myths (Manebozho, Coyote, etc.), but I didn't think he was as bad as the Efrits of Middle Eastern mythology (IIRC, Efrit/Efreeti/Afrit were the evil fire spirits that perverted wishes, Djinni were the neutral air spirits that "merely" granted them).