Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Robotic looking figures??

kaposer opened this issue on Feb 18, 2004 ยท 10 posts

kaposer posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 12:10 PM

A newbie question again, ive been trying to setup a figure with Poser5 using props, managing them (Dr Geep tut helped so much), and stablishing hierarchy. I made a working figure with all this, but...it look pretty organic:(, and what i had in mind was a robotic looking thing. Been trying to fix this stablishing polys groups for each bone with Group Editor but still goes wrong...Ive allready seen s bunch of mechanical looking figures so I know it is posible to do...just would know how. Thanx

MyFreestuff    My Store

weskaggs posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 12:55 PM

It would definitely be easier to make sense of this question if you would show an image.

kaposer posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 1:10 PM

Just find it by myselfs...if u dont want your body parts to have organic look..uncheck "bend" box in properties...:S Thanx anywayz weskaggs..i havent deleted this lame post cuz thought it may help some1...

MyFreestuff    My Store

mateo_sancarlos posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 1:50 PM

S como no. Nunca utilice la funci del "bend" cuando estcreando las robustezas u otros "props" miles. Let us know how your robot develops.

maclean posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 2:15 PM

kaposer, For all non-organic figures, always uncheck 'bend' for all body parts. If you edit your cr2s, you can maybe remove the Taper dial for all the body parts. It's a waste of space on most figures, although you might want to try it first and see what it does. I usually find it's useless. You can sometimes remove all the jointx, twisty, etc channels, plus the weld statements, but only if you have no use for arm/leg or other joint movements. If you interested in robo-humans, do a Google search for 'hajime sorayama'. He was a famous airbrush artist in the 70s and did the best ever robo-females. Nerd used to sell one for poser based on a sorayama design. mac

kaposer posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 2:19 PM

Por supuesto mateo:)...cuando lo termine:S

MyFreestuff    My Store

kaposer posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 2:22 PM

A good point maclean thank you for your help:)

MyFreestuff    My Store

xantor posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 2:49 PM

You can delete the taper dial in the hierarchy editor, do show all parameters, find the taper select it and press delete, the same way as for deleting morphs.

maclean posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 3:05 PM

Heh, xantor. Do you know that I didn't know you could do that? Just goes to show - you always learn something. Mind you, I do everything in cr2editor anyway, but for people who don't use it, that's a neat trick to remember. Thanks mac

xantor posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 4:13 PM

It is a good way to delete stuff if you are unfamiliar about how cr2s are made up, you don`t want to delete the wrong things. You click on the name of the taper or the morph, just to make that clear.