Forum: Photoshop

Subject: Sanner Problems...HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

DanielChicago opened this issue on Sep 16, 2000 ยท 4 posts

DanielChicago posted Sat, 16 September 2000 at 2:03 PM

Hi, Can someone please tell me what the heck might be wrong with my scanner? It's a Canon CanoScan FB 620P. Nothing exciting, but I've never had problems with it until today. This image was scanned into Photoshop 5, same as I've always used. I've tried reinstalling the software, but no luck, I'm afraid. Please give me some suggestions or advice!!! Thanks!! Daniel daniel@danielchicago.com

DanielChicago posted Sat, 16 September 2000 at 2:04 PM

This is just a book cover I grabbed to illustrate the problem. The smaller thumbnail is taken from Amazon.com to show what the cover is supposed to look like. Please help if you can! Thanks

jnmoore posted Sun, 17 September 2000 at 8:43 AM

The image appears to be inverted. Check your scanner settings to see if your are set for "color negative" and reset to "color posative" or "reflective". You can check for this by scanning into PhotoShop (without changing any of your settings), then click on the Edit Menu, Adjust > Invert. If the image looks normal now, change your scanner settings as suggested above. If it doesn't, I'd suggest you contact the manufacturer of your scanner for further advice. 'Hope this helps you.... Jim Moore

DanielChicago posted Sun, 17 September 2000 at 12:46 PM

Jim, Thanks for your suggestion. I tried inverting the settings, but no luck. I think it's more technical, so I guess I will contact Canon and ask for their assistance. Thanks anyway. :-) Daniel