Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Saving translation data to pose and eloafing problem..

alphauser51 opened this issue on Feb 29, 2004 ยท 2 posts

alphauser51 posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 12:26 PM

Attached Link: http://eclipse.forenscisdesign.com

How do you save x, y, or , z trans data with the figure to the pose library. I am using Poser 4 with the Pro PAck. For example, I created a walk cycle for the trex dinosaur. For realistic motion I had to move the body along the y and z axis using the y and z spinners. If I save the file and reload it saves the data, but if I save the walkcycle as a multiframe pose and apply it to the figure, the leg motions are there but there is no z or y movement. Any ideas or feedback would be helpful..

lesbentley posted Mon, 08 March 2004 at 12:16 PM

Poser does not save pose data for the BODY actor. You have two options. 1. Translate and rotate the figure via the hip actor, as every other actor has the hip as its root parent the other parts will follow. 2. If you really do need to save poses for the BODY, make a copy of the cr2, open it in a text editor, use the editors search and replace function to do a globall search and replace of "BODY" with "BODYx", because the BODY is nolonger called BODY this fools Poser into saving pose data for it. Of course poses made using this modified cr2 will not work with normal cr2's that do not have 'BODYx' actor, but you can easily convert the pz2 you made with the modified cr2 to work with normal cr2's. Just open them in a text editor and and replace of "BODYx" with "BODY". Poser only has a problem saving data info for the BODY, it has no trouble reading the data.