Forum: Fractals

Subject: Comments - one more time

Deagol opened this issue on Mar 02, 2004 ยท 38 posts

Deagol posted Tue, 02 March 2004 at 12:00 PM

Let me start by saying I was awakened way too early this morning (2:30) by things beyond my control, so I am a little cranky right now. I hate to drag this up yet again but I feel strongly about it. Maybe I just need to vent.

I have decided to practice what I preach and start leaving honest comments. Sometimes they are critical, sometimes not. For those of you who might get a little offended by a comment, I can only say, DEAL WITH IT. Comments are truly worthless if their only purpose is to stroke your ego. If that is what you need from the comments then say "nice, ego building comments only please" and I will leave you alone. Otherwise your image is fair game (by the way, the hot 20 is an easy target).

Instead of being offended, be flattered. I only comment on images that get my attention and not many images do (so don't expect too much from me). Making a comment beyond "what a great image" takes work and effort. When someone offers you a suggestion, you are being offered a favor. Don't be offended, be grateful.

Show a little self confidence. You don't have to agree with whatever is said but seeing a new view can open up new possibilities and give valuable experience for future images.

One more thing: What's all this "masterpiece" crap? Masterpieces are few and far between in the whole world, let alone in this place. The real masters are off on their own sites doing their own thing. They seldom show their faces here.

Like I said, I am a little cranky.

Keith