Forum: Community Center

Subject: Question about ToS violations and bannings

spinner opened this issue on Mar 05, 2004 ยท 87 posts

spinner posted Fri, 05 March 2004 at 4:29 AM

I have an issue I'd like to discuss, namely the user profile and admins, and bans. Why do they never get erased or reset ? I am currently on my last warning here - I got a slap in 2002 when I asked Spike to give me one, I was brawling in the OT with Alleycat. I got another one a month ago for the creative use of the word fuckwit in the OT in a thread with Geep Lesson learned: Spinner shouldnt be let loose in the OT and I do generally stay out of it. However, if you look at the time-span between warnings, that averages about one a year. So I guess I'll get my next, and final slap for ToS violation (being rude to fellow rendo-ites)in the beginning of 2005. Now - I have been a member here since early 2001 - and before that I had a different nick. I spend money in the store when I see something I like, I generally behave myself, and am a fairly normal member of the community who sometimes just gets bouts of fuckwit-itis. I bet the majority of members are just like me. So - what is the reason for rendo not to i.e reset the ToS violation list on a yearly basis ? It's not like you'll lose previous data or encourage people to act in a manner not in compliance with the ToS ? If someone is a major pain in the ass, you can always ban anyway ? Most places I know of wipe the slate with regular intervals. It is law here, actually (and dont give me that about following the laws in Tennessee - it's an example, not a demand :-)) I am not asking for my slate to be wiped right now - I am asking why it never gets reset. ~S