Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Moving ahead :)

PhilC opened this issue on Sep 19, 2000 · 6 posts

PhilC posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 10:53 AM

I have built a new figure which with the exception of the head is a totally new mesh. Because of the work involved in doing all the facial morphs I wish to use the P4 woman's head. I wrote a PHI file thus:-

objFile :Runtime:Geometries:PhilC:figure 3n.obj
  1 hip yzx
    2 abdomen yzx
     3 chest xzx
      4 neck yzx
       5 head yzx :Runtime:Geometries:femaleHeadOnly:femaleHeadOnly.obj
      4 lCollar xyz
       5 lShldr xyz ....etc

Into Poser to produce this:-

All looks ok, but I find that the program has added all the head vertex info to the CR2. Not what I wanted.

render1a.jpgSo I tried plan "B" :)

This time I added the head reference directly to the new CR2, thus:-

figureResFile :Runtime:Geometries:PhilC:figure 3n.obj
actor BODY
{
}
actor hip
{
geomHandlerGeom 13 hip storageOffset 0 0 0
}
actor abdomen
{
geomHandlerGeom 13 abdomen storageOffset 0 0 0
}
actor chest
{
geomHandlerGeom 13 chest storageOffset 0 0 0
}
actor neck
{
geomHandlerGeom 13 neck storageOffset 0 0 0
}
actor head
{
objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:femaleHeadOnly:femaleHeadOnly.obj storageOffset 0 0 0
}
actor lCollar .....etc

This produced the figure on the right:-

I've missed an offset or something somewhere, any ideas?

render1b.jpg
philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

JeffH posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 5:40 PM

Phil, I'm confused by this. Whouldn't it be easier to use my headSwitching tutorial for this? Does your new body line up with the P4head? Correspond with me on the PoserTECH list and I think we can work it out. -JH.

PhilC posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 6:01 PM

Thanks Jeff, I think I found the solution just as you were writing that. The line:- { objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:femaleHeadOnly:femaleHeadOnly.obj storageOffset 0 0 0 } should read:- { objFileGeom :Runtime:Geometries:femaleHeadOnly:femaleHeadOnly.obj } This now brings the head in correctly, but copy/pasting the morph info into the CR2 does not work. ie the whole reason for doing it in the first place. I have your head switching info which I'm finding very helpful. Thought that would be one way of doing it. Successfully produced a headed figure, but again morphs did not work. ummmmmm? I've been at this for 11 hours so I'm taking a break :)) I'll catch you on that Tech list, Many thanks philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

JeffH posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 11:02 PM

Okay Phil, I'm pretty sure I could get the whole thing to work...including the morphs. I'll give a good try anyway. -JH.

ZETT1 posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 1:33 AM

JeffH: where can I find your headswitching tutorial ?? ZETT

JeffH posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 2:00 AM

I have a mailing list on Egroups, it's in the Files section. http://www.egroups.com/group/PoserTECH -JH.