Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: poser is a valid tool rant {please dont read if you are sick of such rants}

DarkElegance opened this issue on Mar 10, 2004 ยท 59 posts

DarkElegance posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 8:03 PM

ok I made a promise to someone about giving another gallery of mine a chance. so I did...even went so far as to post to the WIP forum. which in all actuality was a good thing it opened my eyes to flaw in the work I hadnt noticed before. all well and great right? no. To my surprise and pleasure, I got not one..but TWO pieces in, in one day.one being there mainly though it was up at rendervisions for a short period. to my surprise it started to raise in rants{ok to be honest I was rediculously giddy about that} so I started to check if comments were posted...happily their were. tonight I got it...yup the infamouse..duunnnndunnnnnnnnDUNNNNNN "obviouse poser" comment! and not very nice either. one of those "I can tell it is poser you should of painted her face more so she wouldnt look so plastic other then that pretty good" now..normally this wouldnt of tweeked me. but you see the original was so utterly different then what is final that it is not funny. I tried to not reply to it...I honestly did. and failed miserably as my belief in poser as a valid artistic tool just would not be quelched. I never see a comment like" I can tell this is obviously photoshop" or " I can SO tell this is painter" you just never see that do you? why not? I mean most of us can spot the use of a particular filter from miles..yet that seems ok to use. we see art work that has been lense flared...paintstroked....ink sketched. and that is ok. yet the use of a valid and wonderful program is snobbishly looked down on. For the love of god. no it is not the greatest 3d proggy around. BUT just like painter,,,ps,,,psp,,,,and all the others it is a valid artist TOOL. one that should be taken as such and not have a nose lifted at it and the snort of" ohh I can tell it is poser" I am not the best at the proggy,,,but that doesnt mean the snob slam has to come out. ohhh that was a bigger rant then I expected...>.< BTW...the gallery that I must say is giving more of a fair shake to poser art lately....is Epilogue.

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.