Forum: Photoshop

Subject: Missing Photoshop .DLL situation

Yunas_Guardian opened this issue on Mar 16, 2004 ยท 4 posts

Yunas_Guardian posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 9:36 AM

Hiya. Not sure how this happened, but I think it had something to do with un-installing an old Adobe program. When I start Photoshop 7 I get this message "This application has failed to start because MSVCP70.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." After that, though, PS7 opens like normal. It's strange. Before I re-install it, which I find annoying and tedious, I was curious if there was a quicker way to get this particular .DLL. I un-installed an old version of Acrobat last week and that's when this started. I'm guessing there's an easier way to get this because of the file name. MS to me equals Microsoft, and VC may be something like Visual Client. Dunno. If nothing else I can re-install everything, but I figured I'd ask here for info first in case a small download would cure the problem. Photoshop still works as normal, so this obviously isn't a big problem. Just the dialogue gets old because I often open and close photoshop a lot. Thanks for any help. Ciao.