Forum: Fractals

Subject: APO gone weird?

QuietRiot opened this issue on Mar 17, 2004 ยท 5 posts

QuietRiot posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 6:42 AM

I play with the original apophysis a lot because it seems I can get better results sometimes. Last night I came across something I have never seen. I took a screen shot in case any of you have encounteret it. The white box is around a little green circle. Three triangles and that weird little circle. I didn't have time to fool with it to see what it does, but I did save the file. So, if I fool with it, will my computer blow up? *grins* Miriah

Rykk posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 9:30 AM

Hi Miriah - I'm not sure, but I think the little green circle is a 4th triangle that has its three control points all at the same, or VERY close to the same locations. I've seen random .fla's that have had a triangle with them really super close before, but usually its something I do manually to minimize the areas of the flame that the triangle affects down to a small dot in the flame to get rid of them without losing the contribution it makes to the overall "flavor" of the image. Just a guess... Maybe click on it and see if it has its own set of parameters?

Cyble13 posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 10:04 AM

LMAO!!! Yep,its a fourth transform!See in the screenshot where it sez Transform 4 under the preview window? Rykk,I never thought to make an extra transform a dot if it messed up the big picture.Learn something new every day! Spanks! :)

Rykk posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 11:09 AM

LOL!! Duh! I was so focused on looking at the 4th triangle and going "ooh ooh, I know I know"! that I never even looked at the transform sidebar! Man, its a wonder I can even spot a shrimp swimming under the bridge as observent as I am NOT! lol. Nice catch, Ally! :>)

QuietRiot posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 6:19 AM

I discovered the fun of playing with the "dots" and what they actually were last night. I have one that does absolutely nothing. You can expand it into a full triangle, move it all around, and it seems to have no function other than to be there to drive me crazy. it's great therapy after a long day! One of these days I'll actually create something I think is worth posting. Thank you for the info, and the learning experience! Miriah