Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Swaping one broken obj for another

Oarman opened this issue on Mar 20, 2004 ยท 8 posts

Oarman posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 1:52 PM

I was trying to replace a problem obj model with a new obj I fixed. I was simply trying to swap the obj reference in the CR2 (i.e. figureResFile:runtime:libraies:character:Monster....) to a new model.obj or just replace the old.obj with my updated new.obj. The Wave obj loads up fine if I import it into Poser but when I try and replace the original obj with my new one and load up the poser model (via CR2 ref in library) it seems to be invisible. I check to make sure the normals are correct (it seem to be fine when I load obj stand alone into Poser). Any one has any idea how to best fix an obj and bring it back into poser? Thanks OR>

SAMS3D posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 2:43 PM

well if you changed the geometries at all, you will have a problem with the cr2...the cr2 carries that information...so if a change has been made to the model (obj), like the groups especially, you will have a problem, cause the old cr2 is looking for the rest of the information and if it can't find it...it will be invisible. Sharen

Oarman posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 3:39 PM

What I was trying to fix was a seam break between the neck and the head obj. It seems that one of my vector/point is not snapped to the head vector so the weld is not sealing fully to head. So what I did was exported the body out of Poser and snap the one point on the neck to the head and export it out (Im using CD4 a bit of a pain). OR>

nerd posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 5:32 PM Forum Moderator

Check to see if you didn't accidently scale the OBJ to be huge ot tiny. I make that mistake frequently as I work with Poser OBJ at 1000x poser scale in MAX. As long as the groups are still named the same you can use the same CR2. Check that they didn't get renamed during the export-import-export-import process. Nerd

MarianneR posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 6:03 PM

I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but if I try loading an obj, via a cr2-file, and the obj-file isn't there, or it is faulty, all I get is a crosshair. Even if I correct the problem - put the obj in the right place or fix it - Poser won't load it. I still only get the crosshair. The only thing that helps is to restart Poser. This is Poser 5 on the Mac.

Oarman posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 9:04 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I think the scale is ok because I imported the new model.obj into Poser just to make sure it can be read/seen in Poser and it loads fine. I also always shut down Poser to make sure the changes take. I did looked to see if a *.rsr files was the problem but I could not find one for my model. I must be missing something but I just dont see it maybe tomorrow.

SAMS3D posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 4:42 AM

The rsr file that you need to delete is the one in the geometries folder....Sharen

Oarman posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 9:24 AM

I'll take another look in the geometries for the rsr but the obj I'm trying to replace is the base model. This is the one ref by - figureResFile:runtime:libraies:character:Monster... The idea was to get away from having many objs Let see what the day brings - Thanks to everyone for your input. OR>