Forum: Community Center

Subject: zip tutorials

manleystanley opened this issue on Mar 21, 2004 ยท 11 posts

manleystanley posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 8:06 AM

Has anyone thought of zip fileing the tutorials? Some times I have to read over thing 3 or 4 times; and still not get it. So I save the tutorials page by page. Haveing them in downloadable zip files would be nice.

Michelle A. posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 8:11 AM

Why not just print them out? There is a link there "Printer Friendly".... Personally I find it much easier to be able to read a piece of paper layed out in front of me as I follow along, than try to go back and forth between a program and the tut...on the screen.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

manleystanley posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 8:16 AM

As much as I'd love to, ink cartreges cost almost as much as the printer; so they havn't been replaced in a while. I've cheecked out a couple of cheep ink places but they want you to order online ans I do not use my credit card online.

pearce posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 11:52 AM

Cheap cartridges screw up your printer -- don't use them. You could save the pages as HTML documents (use `save page' in the file menu), then you would not have to be online to read them. I do that sometimes with very long threads in the forums that I want to read through. Then you can open the docs at the same time as the application you're using, and cross-check that way (if you are using Windows, that is). m ;)

manleystanley posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 12:01 PM

Ya, thats what I do, but it takes awhile. Espesialy when you've stepped in something deep on a different forum and a stedaly getting e-mail. I think that the cost of ink cartreges {and another E-mail} has gotten way out of hand. At present I just don't have the $70 to spare for new ones.

odeathoflife posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 12:32 PM

I have a canon prniter and use the cheap $9 inks ( thats $9 Canadian so like 12 cents USD or somehting) and I have never had a problem with my printer. Just throuwing in my 2 pennies (CAN) death :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

manleystanley posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 12:36 PM

ya, Well I've got this epson who ink is like blood, the wrong type will killit. A

joffry posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 2:08 PM

why can't you just click on "printer friendly", and then save. then you can view on your own computer offline whenever you want, or zip it, rar it. It's easy, I do it all the time. If you have adobe acrobat, you can even "convert to pdf.

FyreSpiryt posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 5:10 PM

Attached Link: http://www.pdf995.com/

I like to use PDF995 to "print" to a PDF file. You can pay for a license, or use it as adware that takes your web browser to an add page whenever you send something to it.

pearce posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 7:28 PM

We've got two Epson printers. One (less than 12 months old) has had crap cartridges and suffers blocked nozzles; the other, 3 years old, has only had Epson ink and has never gone wrong. Go figure :) m.

Jumpstartme2 posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 12:57 AM

You can also purchase ink cartridge refill kits..I know I usually buy one color cartridge, {$37.00 US, and one black cartridge $18.99 US} and also a refill kit {$20.00}..when the black cartridge runs out, I just keep refilling the color one..and if the nozzels get clogged, just use a cutip or paper towel with alcohol on it to wipe the nozzels off..let dry, and its all better...at least for a few more refills ;)

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------