Forum: Vue

Subject: Mover 5/Poser 5

corvus opened this issue on Mar 24, 2004 ยท 4 posts

corvus posted Wed, 24 March 2004 at 4:55 PM

I'm a little confused about the dynamic hair import. I am on the fence about buying Poser 5, and understand that Vue 4 does not support the new Poser hair. But if Mover 5 does, can you then render just a still of the animation, and get the effect of Poser 5 hair? Thank you!

jwhitham posted Wed, 24 March 2004 at 9:18 PM

The latest versions of Vue d'Esprit 4 and Vue Pro both support static frames of P5 hair and cloth. Mover 5 is required for inporting animations.

That's in my experience anyway, though e-on's site is frankly a tad confusing on the issue.

John

estherau posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 12:30 AM

I haven't got mover, so how should I go about importing a static frame of P5 cloth? Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Burnart posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 2:56 AM

You need to ensure that you have downloaded the latest version of Vue 4 standard. The last one I got was Vue 4.22 - that was a couple of weeks ago. BTW I found out the hard way that eon are not very good at being up front about what version the updates work from so I would download the the full rather than the partial update if I was you. I do have the latest Mover update so I can't be sure as regards people who don't have Mover but the Poser hair stuff imports just fine and renders in a hairlike mode. It doesn't look exactly like it does in Poser 5 but thats OK by me as long as it works!!