Forum: Vue

Subject: Lighthouse, second try...

miden1138 opened this issue on Apr 01, 2004 ยท 10 posts

miden1138 posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 1:40 AM

Any crits and comments are greatly appreciated, and desperately needed. I'm still a newbie with Vue. And once again, many thanks to Gracia for those wonderful models! Thanks, Mike

numanoid posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 7:33 PM

Very well done. I think the sky seems a bit "washed" in the top left, a bit too white. The water looks excellent though.

SAMS3D posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 11:56 PM

Oh, this is real nice, the snow and water look perfect. Sharen

war2 posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 1:53 AM

posting for the second time :) cant say much since i realy like what u got going there, great second try thats for sure. can u improve it ? sure, lightning might be one area but to me its a great scene, nice job.

amarok80 posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 3:55 AM

It's a great picture - like Numanoid I think the sky is a bit washed out at the top-left, but the water and the snow are excellent.

TheJoker posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 7:29 AM

Very nice! TJ

Flycatcher posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 5:25 PM

I agree with the others. The snow on the ground, the vegetation and the water are excellent; the sky needs more work. Looking again, a very small point, but I would be inclined to do a little post-work in Paintshop Pro or Photoshop to touch up one area of snow on the closest rock: there is a parallelogram shaped "shadow" there that looks a bit unnatural (possibly an artefact from using too low a mesh density for such a close foreground terrain?) - I would soften the edges to break the straight lines up a bit.

numanoid posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 5:35 PM

Actually, there are also two squares, but you have to look really hard to see them.

miden1138 posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 6:48 AM

Thanks everyone. The object in the foreground is actually a rock. I did notice the funky shadow on that one, but not the other two. I will take care of them in postwork. Thanks again! Mike

Tintifax posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 9:32 AM

I love the water and the snow. You should rework the sky as numanoid already said. Very good try.