Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Suggestions on painting realistic skin details?

Laver2k opened this issue on Apr 10, 2004 ยท 5 posts

Laver2k posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 12:30 PM

Im trying to make more detailed textures and would like suggestions on how to paint skin details such as pores. Id try using photos but I can't buy stock photos so painting is going to have to do. Any suggestions?

xantor posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 2:32 PM

Attached Link: http://arcana.daz3d.com/index.php?id=2

There is a tutorial at daz about adding blemishes to skin that would work with figure textures.

hauksdottir posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 5:40 AM

Anton suggests taking orange peels and scanning them to get the surface texture. (In fact, he gave a fruitbowl's worth of texture suggestions.) You can also scan parts of yourself (such as the inside of an arm) and use those bits to recreate the rest of the skin. I don't necessarily think that a bunch of blemishes makes a person look real. If a model is wearing makeup on her eyes, for example, she has probably at least powdered her face! Real skin has veins running beneath the surface, and some areas with more weathering than others. Carolly

Laver2k posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 7:46 AM

Thanks for the suggetions...maybe i will just stick and arm in the scanner lol.

hauksdottir posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 3:39 AM

Just be careful with your eyes! Don't watch it!! Just lay down the back of a hand or inside of an elbow a smidgen above the glass and look away while it does its thing. It is very hard to hold that steady, so you may need to brace on a prop or edge. (You don't want squashed skin.) Once you have a few good square inches of material, you can build more. Carolly