Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: Metaseq to terragen?

manleystanley opened this issue on Apr 13, 2004 ยท 8 posts

manleystanley posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 9:51 PM

In metasequoia 2,3 under the object button on top, you'll find create. This creats a 3d terrane map. Is it possable to turn this into a file that Terragen can load?

pearce posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 6:06 PM

I would be interested to know. But why bother when you've got World Machine? Mick ;)

manleystanley posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 9:40 PM

Haven't used it. Been using HME, free, and easy. It's how I sculpt my castles. But if you recomend World machine; Mick, I'll pive it a shot, you haven't steared me wrong yet.

pakled posted Sat, 17 April 2004 at 1:06 PM

now if you're going in the other direction, there's something out there called 'for export only' that's a plugin for Terragen to export as a coupla different file formats..if you had a 3rd program (like Bryce, Cinema, whatever), you could probably bring them all together.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

manleystanley posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 9:08 AM

Mick,$25 ;lets see the last I checked the pound was at $1.78, thats 44.50 pounds, Is just a bit much for me now. By the time I'll have the $25 a new version will be out. I don't know if I'll have time to learn it now. I'm still tring to get a handle on TS. And even though I have 44 pounds to give away, the only monetary value of my pounds is the cost of the cookies that made them.

pakled posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 8:25 PM

er, ya slipped a digit or two..it's 14 pounds..and 4 pence..if they've truly gone decimal.

manleystanley posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 9:04 PM

sorry, reverced my math, daaaa

pakled posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 10:33 AM

no prob..;)