Mon, Sep 9, 4:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: ~Our Beloved DR. GEEP~

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2004 at 10:16 PM

Dr. Geep --

I'll be praying for your rapid recovery.

Thanks for all that you have done, and for all that you intend to do.

You represent, far better than most of us, what this community could be all about.

You've led by example. It's up to the rest of us to attempt to be half as good.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2004 at 11:15 PM

Wow! I am blown away by that bill. Yep, that's worth more than my house, too. I wish I had some money to send, but I'm on disability and in desperate need of a new roof. :-( Dr. Geep: Please accept my best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. Best of luck, and we'll see you soon. TT: Thanks for putting the link to get here in the merchants' forum! I don't frequent this one as often as I should. BillyGoat: We should all have friends like you! -Heidi

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

elgyfu ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2004 at 3:54 AM

Poor Dr Geep. I live in England where we are lucky enough to have a health service which can cover most emergencies without us recieving terrifying bills like this. We all owe you so much - your tutorials are wonderful, I know I have learnt loads from you, where else could I have got that? And so entertaining as well! Best of luck with your continued recovery, lets hope it is a speedy one. Our thoughts are with you. Hugs (gentle ones coz you must be very delicate right now) from Elgyfu

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2004 at 5:33 AM

Attached Link: http://www.bankruptcyaction.com/azexemptions.htm

Unfortunately, here in the U.S., the uninsured get gouged. Insurers get a "bulk discount" for their own customers. And since so many of the uninsured don't pay, the hospitals try to make it up by raising prices for anyone without insurance. One recent study showed that the uninsured pay three times as much for the same services as people with insurance. Yes, it's completely crazy. I hope Geep is getting some expert advice on his situation. A lawyer who specializes in this kind of thing, maybe. Hospitals are usually willing to work out payment plans, but if the bill is really half a million, he might be better off declaring bankruptcy and starting over. I believe in Arizona you're allowed to keep your house, as long as it's not a mansion. (But I'm not a lawyer, don't take this as gospel.) SamTherapy, I don't have Neftoon Girl and I'm not planning to buy her. (Don't do toon girls. I'm not planning to buy The Girl from DAZ, either.) But if any of my friends have your set on their wishlist, I'd buy it for them.

akura_ ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2004 at 3:55 PM

My heart goes out to you. Get well soon. Your Fans need you.

panko ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2004 at 5:04 PM

I have been away for a few days and coming back tonight I fell upon this thread which gave me the shivers... Dr Geep, I wish you a quick recovery and I'll certainly join my efforts with those of your many devoted pupils to help in any way we can. Get well... We all love you very much. BillyGoat, thank you for letting us know. SamTherapy, yours is an excellent idea --and a generous one.

"That's another fine mess you got me in to!" -- Oliver Hardy

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2004 at 9:57 PM

I thought that maybe geep had got sick of us all again and was taking a holiday but this is terrible news. You are one of the best Doc and I will certainly help you with some cash to pay those hospital bills. I do hope your recovery is swift and are back amongst us, in good health, very soon. 8) Catlin

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 12:43 AM

Actually, if they haven't done so allready, Bondware should kick a sum of money at the Doc. He's a major contributor to this site and a reason why a lot of people visit this place. It would be a nice gesture indeed! Besides they SHOULD be able to afford something more than what most of us can contribute with.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 1:42 AM

One other note about that hospital bill above. Surgeons and anaethesiologists bill seperately since they usually aren't hospital employees. Outside labs will also bill seperately. Getting ill in the US can be devastating. All of you in England or Canada or Denmark or wherever, can thank your lucky stars that you do have comprehensive national health care. Carolly

LonCray ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 7:57 AM

I'm glad this wasn't a scam, and even gladder that Doc Geep is able to accept our donations - pride sometimes make folks do funny things. I can't think of the last time I was so proud to be part of a website - the generosity of the folks here is wonderful. Doc Geep is worth every penny!

LonCray ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 7:59 AM

Waitamoment - $592.05 for Education/Training? Is it just me or did anyone else here hope that the doctors/nurses were educated and trained BEFORE they got to the medical center?

EdW ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 8:49 AM

The Education/Training has nothing to do with the doctors and nurses.. This is for social services to the patient and his or her family Ed

LonCray ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 9:32 AM

Oh, I figgered it was something of the sort - just trying to inject a little humor into a somber thread. And I can't express how happy I was seeing Posey today - it means Doc's alive, functional, and on his 'pooter.

geep ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 9:51 AM

file_106901.jpg

Thanks Lon ... Yup, the 'pooter is still werkin'! ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

panko ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 10:04 AM

Oh, Doc! What a better way to start a day for all of us! :)

"That's another fine mess you got me in to!" -- Oliver Hardy

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 11:39 AM

I never thought I would be HAPPY to see NaySay! But I am! Good to see you're stilll kicking, Doc :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 2:37 PM

If you make a product available to buy please make it a standalone. I don't have the neftis toon char and won't be getting it so an addon would be useless to me. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 2:38 PM

Glad to see you back Doc, now TAKE IT EASY!! Just relax and get well, you may feel better but you still need rest. 8^) Marque

geep ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 2:47 PM

How the heck can a guy get any rest with NaySay in the studio, huh? ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

LonCray ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 3:03 PM

Oh Doctor our Doctor! You are absolutely welcome sir - I'm just so relieved to see you functional again. Marque is right - after getting your ticker so thoroughly worked over you need to REST! We'll be here waiting patiently when you get back. You could have Posey teach NaySayGuy the birds and the bees - that ought to keep him busy and quiet for awhile?

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 3:16 PM

Oh LonGrey that has put a terrible image in my head..............you bad. lol 8) Well you must be getting better Doc if you're back in the studio with NaySay, just don't let him upset you. 8) Catlin

geep ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 3:24 PM

"You could have Posey teach NaySayGuy the birds and the bees..."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

Do you really think that's posable - oops, I mean possible?

;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

jobcontrol ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 3:33 PM

Posable - fer sure! Possible - hm, I'm not so sure! Willy (I'm glad you recover, Doc :-)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 11:23 PM

Laughter is indeed the best medicine. {hug} Part of that education was probably some new routines to follow (a close friend also ended up in the hospital a few months back, similar situation but not as many bypasses, and he now walks daily and eats better and relaxes more... he's pulled through). Remember that is a pacemaker, not a peacemaker, so you don't have to take it apart to clean it after drilling your students. But your heartbeat isn't the only thing which needs pacing. Take it easier! Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.