Forum: Photography

Subject: May challenge -- no postwork

bleachfix opened this issue on May 15, 2004 ยท 9 posts

bleachfix posted Sat, 15 May 2004 at 11:26 AM

This image was shot in manual mode with forced flash. I adjusted the aperture down a few stops to bring the light level outside down somewhat to match the interior room. I am impressed with the built-in pop-up flash on the Sony Mavica CD500. Packs a powerful punch! Why I chose the Mavica CD500 over other brands. It writes to mini CD's for easy storage of images once the disk is finalized and can be read with virtually any CD ROM. The speed at which it writes is fast enough for the subjects I normally shoot. Another feature is the use of Carl Zeiss lenses, which I came to respect from the use of Hasselblad cameras. Also has a hot shoe on top that I can use in the studio with my battery pack. The price wasn't too outrageous either and has now come down another $200 from first market appearance. I haven't shot film since I purchased the camera, which has already paid for itself in lab fees.

bleachfix posted Sat, 15 May 2004 at 11:28 AM

thumbnail as requested...

bleachfix posted Sat, 15 May 2004 at 11:58 AM

Of all the images I have shot with the Mavica CD500 this is the only shot I have noticed the "purple fringing" around the highlights, (as seen in the upper arched window frame), but then I don't normally shoot into the sun or shoot high contrast scenes.

bleachfix posted Sat, 15 May 2004 at 12:05 PM

The image was resized to 26% of the original and used the unsharp mask settings of (Radius=1.0) (Strength=30) (Clipping=2) The original was not saved at it's highest capable resolution.

logiloglu posted Sat, 15 May 2004 at 7:10 PM

an excellent entry, my friend. !!!!!!! #:O) !!!!!!!!

Michelle A. posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 6:40 AM

Really like how you used the flash to your advantage.... great work!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

cynlee posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 12:54 PM

i like it! :]

Tedz posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 8:06 PM

squawk....I like it too.....and I like Your Surreal Wine Cellar. manly hugz

sabretalon posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 7:06 AM

Like it, there is so much you could do with this image! But not for this challenge!! I've had the same sort of purple line in some of my high contrasted images!