Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: SR 4 render settings

PapaBlueMarlin opened this issue on May 17, 2004 ยท 8 posts

PapaBlueMarlin posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 1:53 PM

Has anyone else's firefly renders looked odd after installing SR 4? The renders don't look antialiased at all. BTW, the image behind the parameters box is one of the renders not just set-up.

el_jefe52 posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 2:03 PM

Yeah, same problems here. Also, when using "Texture Filtering", the "seams" on the body tex really show up. To take care of the antialiase problem, change the "Pixels Samples" size to 6 or better. Works everytime. Hope that helps a little. Peace Robin

PapaBlueMarlin posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 2:13 PM

how about post filter size?

el_jefe52 posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 2:15 PM

Haven't tried adjusting that yet. Will try on the pic I'm working on now and let you know.

Grace37 posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 10:09 PM

i for one never use texture filtering it removes alot of the skin detail and other stuff. i dont understand why it is in there anyway can someone tell me?

stewer posted Tue, 18 May 2004 at 3:20 AM

The standard value for Pixel Samples in the draft setting has changed with SR4 - it used to be 3, now it's 1. It's explained in the SR4 Readme file.

Berserga posted Tue, 18 May 2004 at 7:47 AM

Well for some hair textures if you don't use the texture filtering they look like crap. This applies to Koz's stuff IIRC some of Maya's stuff, and even the Sassy hair 2(realistic textures) at Daz. It's pretty annoying. If I need to do an extreme closeup for my animation I may render the character in Poser 4 and composite the background from P5 if I need any P5 shaders in that shot.

Berserga posted Tue, 18 May 2004 at 2:45 PM

&%%$%$&%%#$@#!!!! I noticed the seams thing on an animation I did but thought it was because I was using a converted V3 tex on the PS vicky. But nope it does it on V3 too. @_@ ARRRRGH! How come every time I start to really feel at home with Poser 5 it pulls another ULTRA KILLER BUG out of it's butt to hinder me? Does anyone know a way to make hair textures render right in Poser 5 without effing Texture filtering on? in Particular the Real hair tex for Sassy hair 2 at Daz. Please no hearsay about displacement and stuff... I want a answer from somebody who has been able to render this hair satisfactorally in firefly without texture filtering. OR if ya have a fix for the seams showing up on V3.