Forum: Carrara

Subject: A question from a newbie:

Bryghtness opened this issue on Oct 16, 2000 ยท 7 posts

Bryghtness posted Mon, 16 October 2000 at 6:34 PM

OK, I exploded that sphere (hehe, what a warmaniac!) with the "explode" modifier, but I want to make the pieces bouncing off from the surrounding meshes, for example, floor. How to do that? Do I have to apply the Physics?

ClintH posted Tue, 17 October 2000 at 6:46 AM

Hi Bryghtness, (Like the name)..Yea, Using the Physics would be the way to go, to the best of my knowledge. I havent used the physics option at all. But it sounds like the right approach. Best of luck and I hope to see more postings from you down the road. Regards, Clint Hawkin-Z GraF-X Carrara, Ray Dream, Poser Figures and 3D Add-Ons. Blinksm.gifCreepyHandPromoAnim.gif

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Bryghtness posted Tue, 17 October 2000 at 8:16 PM

10x, Clint, I tried Physics but still I can't make the pieces to bounce from the meshes around. I applied Physics to the mesh I explode and to the surrounding meshes, but I can't reach the result I want. The pieces just sink/pass through the surrounding meshes. can anyone help? or my english is too bad?

keithw posted Tue, 17 October 2000 at 9:12 PM

Bryghtness, Do you have the Collision Detection turned on?

Bryghtness posted Tue, 17 October 2000 at 10:37 PM

ahhmmmmm... don't forget you're talkin' to a newbie... Let's see... I've checked only "Collide with other objects" box. Where is this Collision Detection (excuse me for the stupid question)?

willf posted Wed, 18 October 2000 at 12:59 AM

The Particle system is supposed to support collisions and susiquent spawning of particles (if it works in Carrara as it did in Infini-D). You would be better-off to try that fot the effect you'r looking for. Perhaps you could start with the sphere explosion & add the particle emmiters at the points where the explode deformer falls off.

Bryghtness posted Thu, 19 October 2000 at 6:50 AM

yes, first time I made it this way (mixing Particle Emiter & pieces) ok, I'll do it that way, thank you. :-)